[Modding Idea] Regional Games

Hello, community. I understand this may not be the best first topic, but I had a mod idea, if I knew how to properly code it into the game.

I had the idea of regional games, basically like releasing games in certain countries, maybe America is the starting region that costs nothing to produce there, but maybe when the TES or Super TES is released, or when you get to the second office, you can release in places like Japan or Europe. Maybe other places like Australia or China, each having their own prices and genre needs there. just throwing ideas out there I guess.
I made a sort of concept image that I edited together in Paint.NET, as what it would probably look like.

Yeah, I know, not the best probably, but so far, it may be the best I got.
I just wonder if my idea is possible to code, or if additional things like the option to pick an engine, are hardcoded in the game, and it isnā€™t possible to add more stuff like that.

My idea on regional games could just be, I guess like how the profit could fair there.
Like releasing an action game in America, or a strategy game in Europe, or an RPG in Japan, that kind of stuff. Maybe the regional boost gives a bit of extra profit depending on the topic or genre.
Again, just throwing ideas out there, Iā€™m not even sure if this is a good idea, but Iā€™m mostly wondering if itā€™s possible, if it is, then I kind of want to know how hard or easy it is (most likely hard due to my inexperience).

2 Likes

Itā€™s not a bad idea. I may try to code it in my mod if you want. Just gimme a couple of minutes to see if it will work.

ā€œCouple of minutesā€?

How exactly do you plan on coding this in? :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

xD

XD. Iā€™m gonna think, if I make the custom UI work properly, since itā€™s just HTML.

1 Like

So basically, youā€™re endorsing localization?

glares at Gyakuten Kenji 2

1 Like

After heavy consideration (banging head to walls, heavy thinking and bugfails) Iā€™ve come to conclusion that this IS POSSIBLE, but hard. I will need to fully understand UIs first, and Iā€™ll code it.

2 Likes

It is much harder than you think to edit the Develop Game UI. I think you should give this task to one of the professionals. (I mean @DzjengisKhan and those, not me :P)

3 Likes

But Iā€™ll try.

1 Like

Whatever you say, but I would not been able to make it.

1 Like

I have a head and Iā€™ll use it. Also I have some walls without scratches as well

4 Likes

Well, I am grateful youā€™re doing this all for me, Iā€™m not even sure how to thank you. Iā€™m at least happy to know that itā€™s possible.

Firstly, itā€™s a good idea. If I canā€™t do it, Iā€™ll pass it on to @Stian, or Someone else

I assume heā€™s good at modding? Sorry, Iā€™m fairly new to the community.

1 Like

He is but claims himself as not. As far as I can tell, the best modders are @Darkly , @DzjengisKhan , @alphabit and @SirEverard . A new awesome advanced modder is @Mabb as well. @KizzaGaming has also some good simple mods
EDIT: Just realised I ā€˜taggedā€™ everyone.
EDIT2: @kristof1104 forgot about him. Creator of CompetitorMod and CheatMod.

2 Likes

:open_mouth: You forgot @kristof1104 in that list :angry:

2 Likes

My bad, will edit.

Huh, they all sound good. I actually recognize a few, especially kristof.

1 Like

As @Stian said I think itā€™s quite hard edit Develop Game UI, and change all the review behavior. I thought to do multiple topics games but I found with the same problem.

1 Like

Multiple topics? Like having more than one topic while making a game?