Mod Won't Work Anymore?

I’m not quite understanding this, but for some reason my mod that originally worked isn’t functioning properly anymore. I’ve already checked and it seems whenever I have it active, I get an error along the lines of: Error Uncaught error. Please report this to support@greenheartgames.com: Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property ‘experience’ of null (file:///C:/Program%20Files/Steam/steamapps/common/Game%20Dev%20Tycoon/compressed/codeNw.js:1713) Please restart the game.

There’s only one problem: I haven’t changed the code since the last time I had the game installed and it worked just fine before I reinstalled GDT. Any particular reason as to what might be causing this? Again, I was able to have a complete successful play through of Game Dev Tycoon with my own mod made in UME without a problem until I reinstalled the game and tried to start a new save.

Try to delete the folder at %AppData%/Local/Game Dev Tycoon - Steam. This will however delete all your saves/settings, so be careful :slight_smile:

I can’t seem to find the folder you’re referring to, unless of course it reads differently on my system. I go to C:/ Program Files/ Steam/ SteamApps/ Common/Game Dev Tycoon…but then I can’t find anything related to my saves. Are you basically asking me to delete the entire Game Dev Tycoon folder?

No, go to the path I told you tio.

Okay so after extensive searches through hidden folders and finally locating the folder you were referring to, I uninstalled the game, made sure the Steam Cloud Synchronization was turned off and did just about everything I could to ensure that the old save files weren’t there…and I’ve come to the conclusion that somehow it is my very mod created through UME that’s the problem. Game runs just fine with every other mod I use but that one…which is strange and I’m not understanding it at all.