Mod to see how GDT Enlightening Works

Hello all. I am currently making a mod using the tool NanoSoft made called GDT Enlightening. From what I can tell it is a watered-down version of UME but doesn’t require you to use Ulitmate Lib and is multi-platform friendly. I just have one question: how do we get it to work with steam workshop? @Stian

Get GDT Enlightening: [GROUP] Nanonical! (GDT Enlightening, Vanilla++ and Election Time)

Get my mod: http://www.forum.greenheartgames.com/t/get-my-mod-that-doesnt-exsist-yet-XD

This is really cool, that you want to use GDT Enlightening!

As of now, only testers (@DKWRECKER for now) are able to use the software. It will be compatible with Steam Workshop from the beginning, and if not you have used custom code which isn’t compatible :slight_smile: As you said, UltimateLib will be optional but required for certain things like achievements. I might try to hijack some methods from there and eventually make it completely uneccessary.

I plan to make it better than UME, which in reality, isn’t too hard. I haven’t seen any updates on UME for a few months, which probably means they’ve abandoned it.

If you want, you can become a tester but keep in mind only topics (one bug which I cant seem to figure out) and platforms (67% finished) are currently working. Custom code too, but not really relevant for non-coders. I need testers, because different systems might have different bugs.

Remember, if you want to make your own “version” of GDT Enlightening, the source code is available for free on Github! However, thats not where you go to download binaries. (Executables) At release, I will provide a direct link to the .jar, .exe or Linux binary.

• Stian
2 Likes

I would like to be a tester. Just one thing though: it lets me make topics but not platforms

… yet. I’m working on platforms, and they’re almost working. (A week left or something)

Add me on Steam if you haven’t already, “stianthedark”.

Would there be a possibility of myself testing as well?