Mod making help

every time i make and mod in UME it save and i put it in the game dev tycoon mod folder in the steam path. and then i load up the game and go to mods and the mod i made pops up but its red. i made tons of mods and still have not made one that worked.

I’ve never used UME but it seems to not work with the current version of the game. If you want it to work, then I suggest you downgrade.

Just remember
DON’T USE ULTIMATE LIB.

If you want your mod to work correctly, you’ll have to code one using JavaScript. You may also use HTML/CSS, but that’ll be needed if your mod has some type of design factor. When you’re messing with variables, stick with JavaScript. You can learn more by reading the documentation.

i am an steam user there is no way to downgrade

can someone give me an video how to mod with java script plz i dont understand due to i cant read it

https://www.codecademy.com/tracks/javascript enough said.

1 Like

It’s not exactly something you can teach or learn overnight…

Do what he said or look up tutorials on youtube. :wink:

1 Like

Guys can I remind you of this:

I play GDT with UME mods and I have no errors. I believe this is because I never remove mods from active save games and I do not use wip mods, or mods from authors that I do not trust, and lastly, I do not use mods that conflict with each other which is a very common reason users experience issues.

2 Likes

Out of curiosity, what mods do you use?

jed an mod adds something that did not have in the standard game. and i found out what was worng. i needed an mod from steam to make the mods i make work

…

Sir you must understand I do know what a modification to the game at hand does, I was inquiring what modifications @Charlie was currently partaking in,

• Kristof’s Cheat Mod for testing save games though I keep it off on my main game.
  • I used to use percentager until i found out the bars don’t
    need to be exact.
  • Alphabits Tweak Mod (this one is mandatory for me)
  • Xtra Topics by Shymander

And ofc the UL

1 Like