Mod Idea That Would Shake Up the Game in a Major Way

I think a lot of people feel this way, there is so many topic mods! They are great and cool the first time but when all the new mods are Extra Topics it gets very boring. But what about new genres? Including Multi-Genre there is SO many capabilities for a mod like this. I will give some quick examples.

New Genres:

Platformer
Sandbox
Visual Novel / Interactive Movie (name pending lol)

examples with these new genre ideas:

Ninvento / Platformer (+++)
mBox / Sandbox (+++)
PC / VN/IM (+++)
Playsystem / VN/IM (++)
PC / Sandbox (++)
Ninvento / Sandbox (++)
Ninvento / VN/IM (—)
mBox / Platformer (-)
mBox / VN/IM (++)
Playsystem / Platformer (—)
Playsystem / Sandbox (+++)
PC / Platformer (++)

Topic and Genre mixes

Construction + Sandbox (+++) Minecraft
Wild West + Sandbox (+++) Red Dead Redemption
Game Dev + Sandbox (—) ???lol

Fantasy + Platformer (+++) like all the good ones (mario, sonic, rayman, etc.)
Medieval + Platformer (++) Shovel Knight
Vampire + Platformer (+++) Castlevania

School + VN/IM (+++) DDLC
Zombies + VN/IM (+++) The Walking Dead
Space + VN/IM (+++) Mass Effect

Hopefully a modder out there is inspired by this and if there is already up to date mod about this please send me it!

3 Likes

New Genres is a great idea, i wonder if there is a way to mod that in but it would require a lot of work (getting the vanilla game to recognize each genre and its pairings with topics… also old mods that currently only use the vanilla genres would become broken, although i am making a mod to add new Topics (With Images), new Research for making your games and i have ported over the cheat mod by kristof1104 minus the bugs, not sure what else to add yet but was thinking more consoles, better options for creating a console, creating a pc/laptop/netbook, creating a mobile/tablet/watch

1 Like