[Mod Idea] Multiple Games

So, I think this is VEEEERY hard to make, but I just want to know if it’s at least possible.
I was thinking if you could separate teams for separate games, like select you and 2 employees to make a game, and the rest will make another game.
That would be very cool, so you can have 2 completely different games released at the same month, for example.

Anyway, is this even possible? What do you guys think?

3 Likes

Yes please!

That’s great idea, but I don’t think that it is possible (maybe in GDT 2?). I’ve seen the source code for game dev tycoon and it’ll require rewriting entire section dedicated for game making.

As @janch32 said, pratically impossible without re-writing half the game. For one, ANY other mod would be incompatible if it accesses the “game” object. And, the UI would have to be doubled. Any resolution from 1366x768 or smaller would get a completely crammed screen and it would simply be a hell to implement.

But, it would be cool.

Greenheart Games should make a megathread with ideas to GDT 2, becouse I think this game have a lot of potential. Just think about it: you have a giant building with 10 floors, each one with 5~8 employees making a game, having a floor just to audio and motion capture (like in GamersGoMakers), or even 3D Graphics!

3 Likes

What, like Game Corp?