Making a Small Game Company thing

So, browsing the internet at 7:30 last night, I got an idea. I thought “Hey, I’ve always wanted to make a game, why not download Unity!” So I worked for around 3 1/2 hours last night, and managed to make a platform with a midget robot jumping around on it. Today, I decided to make a company that will make small-med sized games for mobile and PC. I then expanded on the game a little bit and formed a team of 10 friends to work on it. I’m an EXTREME beginner and need some tips on C# programming for mobile controls. Can anyone help? Maybe it would also help to note we are all (me and my 10 friends) in either 5th or 6th grade.

Dayum
You’re bigger than many indie companies.

We’re also in grade school. That kind of counteracts our size, because we have very, very minimal experience. But I guess everyone starts out like that.

Just… sigh Can you show me this demo please? I really doubt you have made it and if you have, then give me a link for a Linux version or I can run it in Wine.

I’m Not quite sure how to export it

would a screenshot be OK?

Hey, stian, lets encourage them, I was their age once and I know a little encourgment can go a long way. Also, good for you TuskMonk. I suggest making a small game first, maybe a 1 level platformer, then giving a few copies away for free, then making some games that you can sell.

3 Likes

That’s just what I was doing. I was planning on posting it on a site like miniclip or silvergames first, and maybe if I get an Apple Dev License, on iOS. One other problem with releasing it on iOS would be controls. I cannot get the touch screen controls to work right, they always end up getting screwy.

Sounds good Tusk!

Wasn’t so much of a demo as a template.

Cool.

Just realized, @TuskMonk

1 Like

Tusk please disregard Stian, follow your dreams!

1 Like

I know how to export them now. Google <3

1 Like

Sorry, did not mean what I wrote!

Keep going, but remember that you’ve just made a huge mistake by going into Unity. Huge.

Why is that? Is unity hard for beginners?

Not surr if Stian meant that, but yes it is.

Why?
I think I made a good decision.

Unity is a closed source pile of unoptimized shader code my friend.

I’ll take that to note when I get better