[Linux] Linux version crash

Had to change my post!

You may be tried to laod the file by right klicking it.
Thats NOT the way it works.
You loaded a HTML-Document.
I make a little note for normal users :wink:

(sorry I am way to familiar with this stuff to think this could be a problem :wink:

Hi, is there a way to create a script -> python gameDevTycoonFixer.py && gksudo gamedevtycoon ?

There is a script in the other thread I linked. You can even change it to use the python script @bison created. I would rather suggest that you wait for the updated deb/tar.gz that will be released soonā„¢. Whatever you do I strongly suggest not running software with gksudo/sudo if you donā€™t know what you are doing. It runs the program as root, which is neither needed in this case nor helpfull.
Check here for when the new linux version is released: New version being worked on

NEVER use sudo when you dont know, what the script/program does.

Anyway, I followed your ā€œsuggestionā€ and the scipt can launch the game, when it is in the same directory.
See modified README for details :wink:

thanks for using my dirty fix ^^

The game is so damn much fun that I could not wait and I could not let others wait.
Thats why I made it.
Currently adding more features to my workaround scriptā€¦ whats going on?!

Maybe a misunderstanding here. My response was mainly for @Tisse. Only linked your name inside it so he/she knew which python script I refered to.
Btw. if you are bored you could even let your script repackage the game with the renamed image file the way @jon mentioned in the other thread.

Thats a little bit oversized.
I mean, the patch is on the way (with other bugfixes!) and it is a whole lot harder to figure out, what I have to do with this *.pak file, or repacking the files back into somewhere and so on.

And it is not like SimCity where they had to rewrite the whole game to get these ā€œheavyā€ calculations back to the desktopā€¦ I mean to change 2 LINES of code to break the always online DRM.
"ā€¦ rewrite the whole game my assā€¦ "

(thats what she is saying :wink:

Sorry, I were a SimCity fan back then.

So my point is, thats not really needed :wink:

Uhm ā€¦ no, it isnā€™t. If you read @jon post and the site he linked he tells you exactly what to unpack. I just guessed you were bored because of your previous statement:

Just for shits and giggles, get the tar.gz file from your payment link, unpack it, change into the directory and then:

unzip -d gdt gamedevtycoon
cd gdt
mv images/superb/level2Desk.png images/superb/level2desk.png
zip -r ../gdt.nw *
cat nw gdt.nw > gamedevtycoon
chmod +x gamedevtycoon
rm -r gdt gdt.nw nw

Aaaaand if you even want an updated version of node-webkit you first go to node-webkit on github download the appropriate version (32/64 bit, linux) unpack the fles into the same directory you unpacked the tar.gz in and after you ran the commands you even got an updated node-webkit.

Looks like you know already how to do it ^^
So, why not just doing it?

Iā€™m lazy :wink: aaand with your py script you could probably go even more over the top. Checking which arch the script is run on, downloading the fitting node-webkit automatically, etc. :smile:

We have updated the packages. Please try them out:

http://forum.greenheartgames.com/t/linux-v1-3-8-updated-packages/2681

Thanks