Launch Titles and old games

I was thinking that as part of publishing contracts maybe there could be random events like “Vonny is preparing to launch their Playsystem and would like to offer you early access to create a game to release in conjunction with the new console.” This could also work if you are creating your own system. You could develop a game for it while the system is being created.

That could go along with adding a 3rd option to with “release” and “trash.” You should be able to “shelve” a game for a later date. Maybe you want to wait for the console to release or maybe you want to wait for a trend to appear.

The other idea is to be able to unlock HD remakes in the R&D department. you could re-release your old games with updated graphics and cinematics. Also an option to release old games as freeware could boost the fan base.

Anyway, I love the game and look forward to what Greenheart does next

3 Likes

I was going to start an idea thread saying that you should be able to start developing games for next generation consoles starting a few months before they launch. So I’m just gonna agree with the above. I hope this doesn’t count as resurrecting an old topic.

Or even if you have fulfilled special circumstances, you are offered the chance. Maybe you had a game that got all 10s (or an average of 9.5 or higher, whatever) on their previous generation console, and they want a sequel to it as a launch title, or something like that.

Just a thought. Love the game as-is though!

Thanks for the ideas :smile: