Is it worth it?

Just finished the demo and i had a great time but i wonder if its worth the price. I love how if you know about the game industry history in real life it helps you in the game. Will most likely pick this up but whats you guys thoughts on it?

Easily worth the price, there’s a lot of depth to the game as well as replayability.

I didn’t play the demo so I don’t know how much of the game it contains, but I think it stops you at year 5? The main game can go to year 35, and you can continue after that without any more console releases (apart from your own). I’m currently into the 90th+ year and really enjoying the game.

Good but very irritating.

Could use more explanation on things you can do, has a lot of content but goes from easy to throw your dog hard, and it’s VERY easy to make a game without a name, accidentally do an event how you didn’t want to, and so on.

8.Played it for days.
-Minister_Max

Sounds great. Thanks for the quick response. Can you make your own consoles!? Wow thats cool.

Very late game.

Try not to throw your dog getting to it.

No problem, yeah you can get a Research and Development team as well as a Hardware development team.

You can develop and market your own consoles, MMO’s, your own convention etc. As I said, there’s quite some depth to the game.

And honestly, I didn’t find the game anywhere near as challenging as Minister_Max seems to have. Obviously you need some knowledge of the gaming industry and what kind of games work well, and what systems worked well. It does come down a little to luck as well, but I didn’t find it that difficult/stressful to get to the higher levels. I found it decently challenging, but to me that’s the fun of it!

I have quite a bit of knowledge of the Gaming Industry.
I’m just not good at managing a team that costs 3/4 the income of the games I make, while needing to research more things and create better engines.

Yes, but a side-effect is slamming your head through a table late-game :stuck_out_tongue:

But that’s the problem, your game income is low. I’d bet you have a low fanbase and thus you’re not selling many copies. Couple that with low ratings and you get poor profit.

Another possibility is that you hired too many staff too quickly and can’t afford them all.

I’d check my stats, but i’m having a problem with an accidental event choice i’v mad, and i’d like to fix it before continuing.

Just wondering do the developers plan to update this stellar game with new content every now and again?

At first they said they considered it done, but since there is a wave of new buyers (hi there) they are thinking of releasing some new content

http://forum.greenheartgames.com/t/the-game-is-not-finished/997/13

Thanks for all the help guys! Picking up tha game soon.