Is it possible to publish mods made by UME?

First off. I know UME is broken. Im just wondering if the mod i made with it still can be published on steam workshop. Please help me i dont know how to use the API to make mods.

Yes, you can publish them, they work like normal mods

Thank you. Though do i publish the .ume or do i have to use something to convert it to a different file type?
Sorry about asking this after my original question

iirc, you use UME to export the mod as a rar file, then unpack the folder inside the rar file to somewhere and upload that

Ok thanks! Everyone who replied is a life saver i wouldve wasted hours searching how to publish it.

How do i export as .rar? I find a build expansion mod package but that gives a .zip
i tried the folder in the zip file it said that mod source folder not found

Seems UME exports as ZIP then, I thought it exported as rar.
And for the source folder not found, did you extract the folder from the ZIP file.

I figured it out i had to convert the zip to rar then do as you said thanks again! My 2 mods are now on steam.

1 Like

Nice one, although even though you’ve already uploaded them, I’d recommend using the standard API to make your mods, it easier than a lot of people think :wink:

The wiki will tell you everything you need to know.

I was told that it still required some basic programming knowledge which i dont have so thats why i ended up using UME

Like I said, the Wiki will tell you everything you need to know, you don’t need any programming knowledge, hey, I’d even help if you sent me a DM.

Alright ill look at it also noob question whats a DM…?

"abbreviation for Dick Move. Not in reference to actual penis movement, but refers to action made by impolite person causing another to take offense." lul, no it’s Direct Message (like PM but that’s what it’s called on Twitter)

Thanks thanks but He answered by sending me one thanks anyway though!

(I usually use DM for the urban dictionary meaning)