Introduce the 'roleplay' category

This isn’t very much of a forum question, but it’s still an idea for the forums, not for the game.

I think a roleplay category could sort out things, and make showcase where people showcase their achivements and roleplay where people roleplay at. It just makes sense, and it will stop clogging up the Showcase category with 13 roleplay thread/month. I agree with @LineLiar that yes, there has been a recent clogging in the roleplay threads for GDR. The category colour would be maroon. This would also allow for possibly, I don’t know, different kinds of roleplays to appear? It’d probably open up a part of the community we’ve never seen before, because I think a lot of people want to RP, but they just don’t want to GDT RP, and never thought of making one before, because there was no category that would be there to make them think about doing it.

Which is another idea I will propose:

We need an official roleplay thread, so people will stop making roleplays. If it is demanded enough, the thread will be reset after enough people ask. I’m going to say that @Macdon’s thread(s) would do fine as the pinned topics for the roleplay thread, because they’re already laid out, and no one will have to reset at all. The out of character and in character threads would be pinned.

(Extra tags for RP’ers who might be interested)
@Akamadoushi, @diamond655, @Awesome, @Zayo, @Resinex112, @Twyster, @alex_theman45, @19gamerpug, @Haxor, @CaptainSnake, @Drakiren, @ermahgerd, @Xhanada

(Extra tags for developers to make sure they see this)
@PatrickKlug @DanielKlug (Although Daniel isn’t very active for the community, more dev-wise and posting things that revolve around the actual game, but I’d still like to tag him)

(:cake::cake::cake::cake::cake:)
@Charlie

1 Like

I like how charlie gets all the cake. Can i atleast have 1 slice? :smile:
Please? @Charlie?

Good idea. If we’re going to have RPs, it should be organized.

The idea is to have a role-playing category, for any number of role-playing threads catering to any number of play stiles. Even, presumably, role-playing completely unrelated to GDT about running a sandwich shop or something.

I agree, although I have one little suggestions. When people make a topic in the category ‘Roleplay’ it shouldn’t be seen on the homepage. To see the Roleplay threads you will have to click on ‘All Categories’ and then ‘Roleplay’, if that is possible. Agree @apljee?

1 Like

I dun’ have anythin’ to say, so just.

I AGGRE.

YES! YES!, Lets do this

Count me in!

Yes. Some people that are like you, don’t really wan’t to see all of the roleplay threads because it gets annoying to be clogged with them instead of being able to see the topics that you want to actually see, but if this can’t be done, I"d hope that the official rp would happen so that you don’t need to see an rp every day. :stuck_out_tongue:

True. I don’t like them. (I was surprised when I ‘won’ best GDTRP’er because I did almost nothing with it o_O)

I’d love this! It needs to be more tidier, plus then it will be ALOT, and I mean ALOT easier to find the RPs, cos I lost one, and couldn’t find it, and it REALLY annoyed me… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

So, if there would be a vote, I would definitely vote :smiley:

Also, it is a bit annoying seeing the RPs clutter up the homepage, so I agree with @LineLiar

I think adding a category is a bit overkill. We have too many categories as it is.

At the moment adding a [roleplay] in the titles of roleplaying threads is my preferred approach.

2 Likes