If you could change/improve/add ONE thing in Game Dev Tycoon, what would it be?

More offices!

1 Like

More complex and in depth game developing.

Console building being more in-depth… being able to choose what kind of thingy it is. (Tablet, phone, computer, console, ect, you get the idea) Like, choose the os, processor, controller, memory, graphics card, you get the idea AGAIN.

2 Likes

Bigger offices that can acommodate more employees!

2 Likes

especially this

1. Larger Office
  2. HR Department (to send people on Vacations automatically and to Train the group)
  3. Option to mass train employees.
  4. Change name of Released games
  5. Better control of GRID, perhaps a marketing budget and development cycle?
  6. Better control of Console development, Perhaps Marketing & R&D of Console.
  7. A Bank Loan system with Credit Rating function. (and Interest on resting capital, Term Deposit system)
  8. Initiate publisher contract requests for Consoles you Developed.
  9. Negotiate Staff Salary Increases.
  10. Option to Speed Up Reviews.
  11. Option to Auto-Subscribe to G3 Events at a Level (that can be changed)
1 Like

More levels like a skyscraper and better outside graphics like on the skyscraper you can see the clouds and cars driving at the bottom and on the first level you can see your front yard and cars going by the street.

1 Like

Be able to customize and design your own offices.

Not only color, but what goes in it.

• Your garage your can customize what it looks like
  • Middle office design what goes in it
  • As well as the large office

…

More office levels and bigger offices for more employees.

Maybe a chance to build HQ, a seperate building for R&D, and a seperate building for Hardware.

…

A chance to go public in the stock market.

…

Being able to buy hardware from companies so you don’t have to research them.

…

Being able to develop apps and websites.

2 Likes

Make DLC for REGULAR games, not just MMO’s

1 Like

*one thing

1 Like

Decide how much violence, bad words and sexual content there will be in a game.

This idea is stolen :wink:

Expand the abilities of the Console Feature.

1 Like

There’s two different improvements I might think of…of course, I’d have to choose between them.

1 - More descriptive reviews, just for the immersion factor.

2 - More depth to game developing, like you would see from Game Dev Story.

They might not be the greatest improvements in this thread, but whatever.

Well understand there was an absolute GLUT of consoles in the late 70’s through the 80’s. Even as the market crashed, and got revived by Nintendo and then Sega, the onslaught of consoles was pretty bad.

Including ‘more’ would just be more clutter, I feel. Yes I do own my very own Atari systems but I don’t feel they are needed in this game.
This game seems to take place about 1984 to start, just before Nintendo came to the U.S. This means Atari was on the downswing already.
I know the turbo grphix and other consoles like the Philips CDi and the handheld Tiger electronic toys aren’t mentioned either… but my previous point stands. The glut of consoles and such would just add so much clutter.

We already have consoles that come and go too fast, like the ‘gamesphere’ and ‘dreamcast’. We don’t get the Sega CD or 32x and really would the game benefit from them? I would say ‘no’.

If this happens, only after you get the GRID, which would make the most sense. A GRID upgrade that your R&D lab has to get funds for, but then it’s available, just like ‘expansion’ and ‘sequel’. you get the research option “DLC”

I had another light-bulb idea based off of DLC.

You know how your levels improve? I don’t mean like 2d graphics v3 goes up in level, but I mean the graphics category in general goes up (which is how you unlock things).
Sound levels up, dialogs level up… everything levels up as a general category.

Well how about the higher your level of the categories, the more types of DLC you can offer.

It would work a little different than making a full on game. Depending on your level, more options open up (not to research, they just become available). You select things you want based on what you’ve unlocked. Hair color/styles, facial expressions, hats, new outfits, new poses… aesthetic DLC.
Then there is DLC like ‘new side quests’, new regions, new dialogs.

Be creative. :slight_smile:

Ahhh I know what this topic was for. It was so you could get those concrete ideas for GDT2 wasn’t it @PatrickKlug .

This topic was actually started before the Steam update to see what’s most important but now I think it’s a great list to come back to for GDT2 too :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Multiple-Topic choice.

extend story line definitely maybe new places to work or other new stuff like that could open up as things to do as the story progresses