If you could change/improve/add ONE thing in Game Dev Tycoon, what would it be?

One thing I noticed was the Govedore went bellyup after only a few years, And they didn’t even release any of the Amiga…errrr, Omega’s, like the A500, A1200, A3000…

So what I would like to see is a more reflective timeline, especially the first 15 years with 10’s of different homecomputers and consoles on the market (in the real world, that is), like the ZX Spectrum, the Amiga, Atari ST, NeoGeo, MSX, Colecovision, and others that was fairly popular back in the 80’s, and mayhaps even the possibiltiy to make an 8bit computer yourself. I mean, there was a LOT of companies back then that tried o make a “C=64 killer” but near all of them failed untill Commodore themselves put out the Amiga, and Atari came with the ST line.

So basically, my idea is “more of the real 80’s variety reflected in the game”

2 Likes

A Support for older PC’s :smiley:

1 Like

Multiplayer, Would be something cool to add.

There are a lot of really good ideas here, including better feedback for reviews and a longer game time. (I would love to start in the pong era, for instance.)

I was thinking something for the end game. Being able to make a custom console is cool, but it would be better to have more options and the console would be better suited for different genres depending on the options you choose. If you max out everything, it would do everything really well, but it would cost a lot to make. Either you have to sell it at a loss, or it would cost too much to find a large market.

Better mod support so that people can add/improve some of the things in the game by themselves.

Woah! there’s a lot of suggestions in here!

More power guys!

Game ports (during development and after) for an increased profit margin.

1 Like

I will add at least 2 remodel of a console like how the PC have 3 models, those consolea that will have a remodel are:
TES, with the TES 2
STES, with the STES Jr
Nuu, with the smaller red Nuu
Gameling, with the Gameling Pocket, Gameling Colour and Gameling Advance
Oasis, starting with the model 1,2 and eventually 3
PlaySystem, with the PSone remodel
PlaySystem 2, with the slim remodel
PlaySystem 3, with the slim and super slim remodel
Mbox 360, with the smaller black redesign

2 Likes

I’d like MMOs to have a maximum duration of 120 months, or 10 years.

2 Likes

I second this wholeheartedly. Elder Scrolls, Minecraft, ports and multiconsole releases make a company stronger!

I guess I would add crime topics.

1 Like

I would improve the staff managment, the possibility to have a bigger staff and make like two games at the same time. Just that, not more than this…

1 Like

Add another office! And definetely extend the hardware lab. They do barely anything. Don’t you think you could make more with a full on hardware lab paying 3 million a month?

1 Like

Full modding support.

4 Likes

-FPS topic
-multi topic

1 Like

Poster/Cover-art selection

1 Like

It would be cool to sell your Game Engine to others companies.

You asked for a single idea. And so I read through a good amount of the things everyone brought up to ensure I wasn’t repeating anyone. I liked quite a few of the ideas including multiplatform releases, the multiplayer, and alternative modes, as well as the subsidiary developers to make more games at once. My improvement is smaller than these.

Suggestion: I’d like to be able to slow cook a game. While we are actively working on one game be able to appoint a team member to start developing something else.

Explanation: It would take longer and anyone you assign would take away from what you’re making but it would help fight the speed time passes on the game. I noticed later on the dev cycle was killing any attempt to meet a trend and in some cases consoles ceasing to be while I’m developing for them. Without going the route of slowing down how fast time passes, slow cooking would be a nice small thing to add.

2 Likes

I’d like to be able to play the game on my handheld device for one :confused: Something like it being able to run on VITA or 3DS.

Oh so you say to make say 2-3 games at once, have probably (out of the 6 developers and you which is 7), to have one-two working on a game that would take double the time to complete then a normal game and the rest work on the other? Good idea