Ideas and Feedback for a possible Game Dev Tycoon sequel

First, i want to mention that it’s the first time i enter the forum so i don’t know if GreenHeart are already working on a sequel, it is rare to see a game so addictive for a first game of the company, i just discovered the game this summer but i think i’m addicted, with that said, here are my ideas.
First, adding new game genres, the ones available aren’t enough (at least i think so) and a lot are missing like Fighting Games(like Street Fighter or KOF …) and Platformers, that includes delleting the old Two Genres System, i’ll leave a list of the genres i think should be added at the end of the post.
Another thing about game genres, i think genres should have Under Classes,(i’m sorry if that’s wrong in English) like the Shout’Em Up and the Beat’em all, these are game genres but they are Action games too,
so we can say there are different types of action games, so we can call Beat’Em All and Shout’Em Up Types of games for example, the idea is that we can choose a game genre (Action-Strategy…) and then there are types for example Action would have types like FPS or Shout’Em Up …
The next thing i want in a squeal would be Arcade Gaming, releasing games for Arcade And NeoGeo would be an AWSOME feature in the Game, releasing a game in arcade would give you small amount of money each month but can would be played years after the release (especially if the game is good), the arcade and NeoGeo would have a Y- E+++ M++ and is Good for Fighting Games, Beat’em All, Racing Games … (i’ll put details at the end of the post as well)
Something impotent to add in a squeal is the specs of a console, for example NES doesn’t run 16-bit graphics and sound, if you make “Hardware Limitations” for the player, the console choice would really matter, and PLEASE stop naming graphics like 2D v1 or so, make it 8-bit 2D v1 then 8-bit 2D v2 then 16-bit 2D v1 … , that would be much more appropriate, and make it obligatory to research on RealTime 3D Engines to make 3D games, that’s realistic and it adds some difficulty to the game.
Another nice feature to include is E-Sport, for example if you released a successful online game, E-Sport events will take place and they would pay you to make a tournament of your game.
some cool feature i’d like to have are so small the could have been added to Game Dev Tycoon 1, for example DLCs, Game Ports, Game Remasters, Mods for the game you have, and why not KickStarter and early access games, as well as being a publisher, i trust GreenHeart and i know they’d make things right so PLEASE developers if you read my Topic, consider these ideas for the next Game Dev Tycoon.

Game Genres
format :
Game Genre : [Types included in that genre] (Example Games for each Type)

Action : [Racing(NFS-GT …), Beat’Em All AKA Hack And Slash(Devil May Cry-God Of War …), Shoot’Em Up(Blazing Stars-Metal Slug-Galaga), FPS(COD-BattleField …),RealShooters(The House Of The Dead …) ]
Adventure : [Point And Click(Monkey Island …),Modern Adventure Games(Life Is Strange,Game Of Thrones,A Wolf Among Us …)Action Adventure Games(Legend Of Zelda …) ]
Strategy : [no Types]
Simulations[normal simulations (Game Dev Tycoon-Zoo Tycoon …), Sport Simulations_Require Sport Topic(PES-NBA-FIFA …), Action Simulations (War Thunder-NFS SHIFT . . . )City Builders_Require City Topic(SimCity,Cites XL,Cities Skylines . . .) ]
RPG[Classic RPG(Dungeon Master-Might And Magic)Action RPG(Skyrim-The Witcher …)
HardCore RPG(Dark Souls-BloodBorn . . .) JRPG(FinalFantasy-Pokemon . . .) ]
Survival Games_require Online : [no types(MineCraft-Rust-ARK-Don’t Starve …)]
Casual Games : [Party Games (Mario Party-Wii Party . . .), Pet Games_Require Pet Topic(Nintendogs-Pet Shop . . .)Normal Casual Games(Facebook Games-Solitaire …) ]
Fighting Games[Classic Fighting Games(KOF-Street Fighter), Modern Fighting Games(Guilty Gear . . .), 3D Fighting Games(Tekken-Soul Calibur . . .) ]

Now Arcade Machines
format :
Console : Y E M

SNK Arcade Machines Y- E+++ M++
Capcom Arcade Machines Y++ E+++ M–
Midway Arcade Machines Y— E – M +++ (because of mortal kombat)

Edit : Midway Arcade Machines Y++ E- M+++

2 Likes

Yeah… no. Midways are amazing even for children. Why the Y—?

Fatality! Brutality! Babality! Friendship! :stuck_out_tongue:

internal laughter

Does anybody know that C++ has a function called sqrt()? And guess what it means…

Square root :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

…so? Everyone who does coding and/or mathematics knows sqrt(n) means the square root of n.

What does this post do in that topic? seriously
PS : i know that, i code in C++, and the joke wasn’t funny

1 Like

*sequel :wink:

You will get it once you sq…rt.

now i get it …
still out of topic though