(idea) ME starting modding for GDT, help?

I’m unsure how easy it is to make more complex mods in GDT? I spent a couple hours on the UME making a platform mod with some topics, events etc but I’m wondering who can make art for the consoles (As I’m sure they’re not allowed to be used being as I grabbed them from a quick google search) and/or good software to make art in. Also believe it or not I find some of the UME hard to understand even though I’m aware its been dumbed down, I have no prior knowledge in which to make a mod with programs such as Java.

So this is what I’ve made so far:
The company is - A.L.L Games
The Topic is - A.L.L Exclusive ( leaning towards rpg, adventure, action)
Platforms are - A.L.L Initiate and the A.L.L Box (The initiate is released first, around 15 years into a 35 year standard game period) the initiate competes with the 360/ps3 and then the box competes with the fourth xbox and fifth play station.

I want to create engine research thats required before you can start making the A.L.L games, I’m not sure how to implement that.

I guess I need ideas, assistance, and someone to make art? I am completely new and giving it a go for a bit of fun!

Thank-you.

Well with UME you’ll never make a very advanced mod, if you want to make your mods better learn JS and look at what others have made for inspiration.

Plus UME and UL is completely outdated.

1 Like

How long would I need to learn the basics Java Script?

if I make it in UME, will it always need Ultimateilb?

Doesn’t matter, UME is still outdated.

Approx. 1 minute:

I don’t think you understand… Don’t use UME or UltimateLIb PERIOD. It is outdated.

DO NOT USE ULTIMATELIB If you are just a beginner, use the modding api instead. Here is how I learn(very effective way). See the API documentation, look at part of Expansion Pack mod’s source code, experiment around, make an example, take a look at it in the game. Heck, sometimes I even take a look at the source code itself (in the compressed folder, after beautifying it of course). This actually helped me understand, heck, I can even easily debug the code by hand now. In a nutshell, do NOT use UMS, espcially UME. Ultimatelib… maybe, but very meh.

EDIT: You don’t need to learn Javascript by the way, unless you are making very advanced mods. Look at me for example, I only know the basics of Javascript(enough to understand the source code of any mod or game), and I can make complex events, with full, also complex outcomes. Well, I’m still working on the latter part, but you get the point, I can easily do something UME isn’t able to.

Just don’t use UltimateLIb period. It doesn’t matter your skill in coding, it’s a bad modding library.

1 Like

I’ll try my best not to.