Idea: Community Expansion Pack DLC

There’s very little interest around it, it seems dark. But me and @janch32 would happily join the work, with or without MDT :slight_smile:

Good to hear @Stian!

I think the developers will eventually join the cause when the project actually starts making some progress. Even if only a few members join, I still think we can get a lot done.

If it goes through we still need some kind of team lead, we still need to decide stuff like that.
I’m ready to donate my competitormod code, and I have a few idea’s like adding new offices, customizing furniture, ect to GDT.

There is a lot of cool stuff we can do with this, I’m pretty sure @DzjengisKhan will almost be done with his exames and maybe he’ll join the cause as well?

Kristof

3 Likes

Me and @janch32 have an ownCloud setup which we use for our personal stuff for now, but we’ll happily open it up so we could possibly use it for development too :slight_smile: We might end up using Github though, but whats the point of adding DLC when you can just download it from Github?

Sounds really cool :smile:

Possibly GHG will set up a private GitHub Repo, and add all members off the project to it

Sounds pretty… dumb. Private Github repo’s have never worked out for me, but we’ll see.

1 Like

Sorry for the silence. We were at the Game Developer Conference in San Francisco (came back yesterday). Initial goal was a decision by mid-March so we are on track to hit that.

Give us a few days and we should have more info :slight_smile:

1 Like

By that logic, we shouldn’t release our code either. I really don’t think it’ll be such a problem. Those who want to steal our game/your mod, will do so regardless.

(Not-so-)fun fact: A day after we released GDT, some Russian hackers had already unpacked our code and hosted a partly-translated online version of the game online. Unfortunately for them they used our ‘cracked’ version as the source :smiley:

6 Likes

@kristof1104 is right :smile: I should be done with my exams around May and can/probably will join the team as well :smiley:

P.S. Like your ideas @kristof1104 :smiley:

3 Likes

Community expansion: Let’s do this! :slight_smile: