I think it's time to allow roleplaying

Greenheart games, remember a loongggg time ago when RP’s where allowed? It was fun for everyone, until everyone was doing GDT! Then, it was closed. But now, I think it is time we reopen it.

First off, Roleplaying is a great way to attract visitors. Visitors may eventually end up buying your games! How cool!

Second, roleplaying may keep people attracted to GDT here. Back when forum games and roleplaying was allowed, there was a ton of activity. After that, people left or made their own websites. (Plethora Studios) However, if we allow roleplaying on the forum, people may be obliged to stay and if they check the forums each day, they will see your new games. I know I left after roleplaying was done for.

Third and final, it is plain fun. I mean, it is fun to do a Game Dev Tycoon roleplay with way more depth. And, if people do make multiples of roleplays, you can make rules against that! So, I hope you take what I said into consideration.

Cheers,
Tntey

I’d vote against it, just turned in to a giant flamewar.

4 Likes

Yeah that is true, but I think it was people getting angry about all the GDT’s vs People who wanted them all. If there was established rules it could work. It was mostly just people who wanted to join a GDT but it was to far into the game for the new person to read up on so the person would make a new one.

aka. every roleplay topic ever? All failed at having rules.

What I mean by rules is fourm roles for roleplays.

@Legopigman101
No need to be rude now, is there?

Prepares for replies saying Stian is rude…

2 Likes

Back on topic!

He’s not always rude -_-

1 Like

Hey guys can we go back on topic? I don’t want this to turn into a hate thread. But something for charlie and the gang to consider.

If you have nothing to contribute please don’t try to start something, I really want this idea to be considered.

I think @Stian is a chill person who enjoys giving out honest feedback on peoples work and whatever else to help that person improve. I don’t care if people start roleplaying again but honestly, who would join now? I could wrong though as seeing as people enjoy it.

4 Likes

Could we focus on this not Stian

1 Like

Had to throw my two cents in on people hating on @Stian so much but I did get back on topic. You could have just simply ignored what I said about him and just reply to what I said about your idea of bringing back roleplaying. Am I right ?

1 Like

Personally I don’t believe role playing should be brought back. Sure it’s fun to roleplay every now and then, but it doesn’t really fit in with the theme of this forum. And as @tntey mentioned in his main post there were other forums created that allow roleplay! But, if it was brought back it should have it’s own topic. I don’t roleplay, and I didn’t before either. It can be pretty annoying to people who don’t like it (including me).

2 Likes

Jesus Christ, what have I done.

FATHER FORGIVE ME, FOR I HAVE SINNED.

For what?

######I created the first roleplay…

Aaaaaand this thread pretty much sums up how roleplay threads end up. The answer is a resounding NO.

I left this thread up to see how it goes. As expected it did not go well. Any further requests or conversation in regard to RP will be deleted without further ado.

3 Likes
1 Like