I personally think the game should be free

When we developed the mobile version we really wanted to say thanks to our current PC owners too and that’s why we decided not just to port the game to mobile but also add new content and then add that same new content (piracy mode, new platform and topics) to the existing PC version. We also did substantial updates to the UI which all took us months to do. All these updates where released absolutely free of charge to PC:

There are several reasons why we did not give away the Android/iOS version for free but the most important once are:

1. The Android/iOS version isn’t just us pressing a button and publishing the game on mobile. It took a collaboration with the talented developers at Rarebyte and around 190,000 USD to create the port.
  2. It’s incredibly hard to verify ownership on all distribution channels on PC. It’s also not easy to give access to the mobile version en-masse to people and probably would violate several T&C’s anyway. We’d essentially need a totally different system to verify and cross-enable purchases. A system we’d have to hire talent and manage an entirely new project for.
  3. If we give PC players mobile for free, why not mobile to PC? But mobile pricing is half of that on PC due to market pressure. How is that fair?
  4. What if we then spend even more money to port to other/newer platforms? Why would we invest to widen the platforms if with every platform we have fewer and fewer people who would pay for it?
  5. How can we get app store visibility if large parts of the playerbase don’t register as purchases? We likely wouldn’t have been in the charts at all.

There are dozens more reasons but the bottom line is if we couldn’t have charged the already cheap price (5USD or lower) on mobile to everyone who wants to play it, we wouldn’t have risked porting the game at all.

They all work for that, so it’s okay for me to pay money. Sometime, sale is a great ideal though.

because i thought it wasn’t finished yet at the time

also i pirated it at the end but then my laptop broke and yeah

@ActualCodex dude, they can just add some dlc and expansion packs and get money, might not work the same but people will still enjoy the game and if they want to, they could donate to greenheart

yes, i am guilty of getting the game for free

i mean

it had a reason but ok i guess

I do not think so, there are people who will be outraged because in 6 years it is free
I also didn’t see any case that was free because of antiquity

its up to the devs if they wanted it to be free, but tbh if they made it free im 100% sure that

in app purchases will be a reality. oh god.

Do you want to research “Medium Games”?

Researching Medium Games will take 48 hours.
To research immediately you can use 150 Green Hearts.

Buy Green Hearts Bundle
5 euro for 100 Green Hearts
9.75 euro for 200 Green Hearts ( best price )