How to create a custom platform that only works with small games?

Hey I currently use UME to create mod. I want to add a android phone into the game (called EnDroid) but I want that you can only develop small games in it. Just like how you can only make medium and small game on the GrPhone. Anyone can help me?

Currently, UME has limitations. I can find the piece of code, but you have to enter it every time you update your code, since you can’t edit the code when you are in UME.

It’s fine, I would still like to have the code. I may find it useful in the future.

For me, I recommend learning Javascript and making mods. It’s limitless that way. PM me with your mod file (not the .ume one) or say it here. Make the platform first.

So you mean that there’s a complicated way to add that? I thought you could just copy that part of code from GrPhone (I know this way is bad) and copy that no large part and add no medium to it

Meh, I suppose it’s easy. Both are easy. Give me a sec and I’ll paste it here.

thanks!

Found the code, but I have to convert it.

Platforms.doesPlatformSupportGameSize = function (platform, size) {
        if (size != "small" && size != "medium")
            return platform.id != "Gameling" && (platform.id != "Vena Gear" && (platform.id != "grPhone" && (platform.id != "PPS" && platform.id != "GS")));
        return true
    };

So, you said. You want your Android platform be available only on making small games, correct? You can’t develop medium, large or AAA.

UME is quite limited when it comes to complex things. What I recommend is this, go to codecademy.com to learn some basics on JavaScript. Then you could download other mods using the gdt-modAPI and look at their code and what it does. Then, if you are able to obtain the game code, you should study it to help you learn more complex things. If you ever need help on how to start creating mods through JavaScript, we are all here…

So, if that’s true, the code will be:

Platforms.doesPlatformSupportGameSize = function (platform, size) {
        if (size != "small")
            return platform.id != "ID_OF_ANDROID"
        return true
    };

Thanks for your help! Should this work? And which class file should I put it in?

You are free to look at my mod, ExtnededGDT, found here on the workshop:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=296660989&searchtext=

Or my forum post

http://forum.greenheartgames.com/t/rel-extendedgdt-1-3-1-0-let-there-be-balance/13740

Lol that’s cool!

Edit: I see endroid

1 Like

Again, if you’re using UME, put it in the code.js . Though, you must put it in a valid position. Paste the code of code.js, and I’ll paste it for you.

Where? My mod added Endroid versions ago :stuck_out_tongue:

Well I can figure the remaining part by myself. Just let me try first. Thanks

1 Like

Cool. If you’re out of luck just tell me. Alright? I’ll be here.

Can I add the piece of code I made to my mod’s platforms as well ? :stuck_out_tongue:

Which piece of code?

1 Like