How do I create a mod?

I have enough Js knowledge to create a mod and I can continue my online courses later, but for know I’ll stick to variables and if/else. But the problem is… I never made a program, or a mod using Js.

I only need to know how to create .json packages and how to edit them. The official GDT API doesn’t make it clear on how exactly everything works. I have searched for tutorials online, but never really got a clear result of what I’m looking for.

I’m not asking for anyone to teach me anything, I only need to know from where I can get the source files, or where it is downloaded from. And how to edit a .json package.

Thanks in advance.
J R

{
"id": "MoreGDT", (This is the mod ID, it should be unique to your mod)
"name": "MoreGDT", (This is the name that will be displayed in the mod list)
"version": "0.3 - Beta 2", (Mod version that will be displayed)
"author": "Rapid Development Studios", (Mod author)
"url": "http://rapiddevstudios.wix.com/rapiddevstudios", (URL to any page you want)
"description": "This mod aims to expand and enhance your GDT experience, by adding new platforms, events, topics and more.", (Mod description that will be shown in the mod list)
"main": "./Main.js", (Points to the main source file for the mod)
"dependencies": {
    "gdt-modAPI": "0.1.x"
}, (Lists any dependencies that your mod needs)
"image": "Icon/ModIcon/ModIcon-120x.png" (Mod image that will be displayed in the mod list)
}

JSON files can be edited in any text editor, like Notepad++

The example above I’ve given can be used as long as you remove everything in the brackets :slight_smile:

Thank you so much for the example, but I already know how it’s written. I thought .json packages are created using commands and stuff but… haha.

So when I create an event, I have to write below the mod info?

UPDATE1
Or do I have to open another notepad?

When creating a new event, let’s say a new platform release, you would do it in a new file, and when you save it give it a easy name to remember, for example, “platformRelease’js”

This file would then be loaded in your Main.js file, which is pointed to by your package.json, if that makes sense.

Let me know if you have any more questions.

I could possibly do some sort of video tutorial, if you think that would be more helpful, let me know.

Again, thanks :slight_smile:
I wouldn’t request a video tutorial unless others are asking for one.

Fair enough, anyway, glad I could help :slight_smile:

And let me know if you have any more questions.

Okay, I will :slight_smile:

1 Like

I would suggest starting off with existing mods, download the code and play around with the code a bit, clear the existing code and use the folder files as a project skelleton.

you are free to download CompetitorMod, [WIP] CompetitorMod by kristof1104 & DzjengisKhan

Greetz

Oh god… That’s even better! Thanks for letting me use your mod :slight_smile: