HELP: Keyboard lags after opening some games

If I open CS:GO for example, keyboard lags, meaning it takes about 1-2 seconds for the game to do what I pressed on the keyboard (go left, right, etc.), thus making the game unplayable. If I exit the game, the problem persists with other apps (notepad, browsers, etc.)

The only solution I’ve found so far is to restart the computer (that means not playing the game and restart just so I have keyboard functionality back).

This is ONLY triggered after opening some specific games, so far I’ve seen it happen in CS:GO & GTA Vice City (I know, don’t say anything…)

Is there a way I could fix this so I could play the games in peace or does anyone know what might cause this?

P.S.: I’m running W10 x64 if it makes any difference.

What keyboard do you have, it could be something to do with drivers/software

It’s a no-name keyboard. I got it about 3y ago but never had issues with it. I don’t even think there are drivers for it.

I have played these games before on the exact same configuration (hardware + software) and had no issues, so the same keyboard was used and everything. It just started doing this out of the blue apparently.

Installed any Windows updates recently?

Well yes, have been installing all windows 10 updates that came through. There’s no way (that I know of) to ‘bypass’ the updates.

Hmm, how long has the issue been going on for?

I first noticed it a few months ago when I wanted to play CS:GO so I stopped playing it because of that. Then yesterday I wanted to play Vice City and this popped up again…

Hmm, I don’t have a clue.

Maybe try reinstalling those 2 games.

I will try it, though I doubt it will fix the issue, as well as I doubt that replacing the keyboard will do.

Thanks a lot for your help anyway!!!

1 Like