HELP! Having Black Screen Issues [SOLVED]

I figured it out, was using amd AND intel at the SAME time

Hi, i got game dev tycoon (steam version) a while ago, back in February i think, well it worked fine for a while, then i modded it (dont worry its not about a mod), they started to not work so i thought ill just turn of steam cloud and delete local content, well then i had “unexpected error”, so i just stopped until about a a week ago, it didnt work again obviously, so i read it could be avast, so i deleted it and switched to windows defender, i then tried again, didn’t work, i then after doing alot of looking online, i got it to work by playing it from the steam main folder, i played it, then quit, i tried again earlier, and it was a black screen, sound was working, but screen was black, help! i just want to try to play a clean version of it.

(BTW i have check numerous other forums and posts about this)

My drivers are up to date,

System Specs:

HP Probook 450 GO laptop (european cause i got it on a trip)
Intel i5
Two graphics cards Intel HD Graphics 4000 and Amd Radeon HD 8700

Have you tried reinstalling the game

Many, Many, Many Times

Try updating your drivers

alright, ill try to update intel

1 Like

Ok @KizzaGaming , i installed the intel driver and restarted the computer, then uninstalled and re-installed the game, but it happened again

1 Like

Try updating the AMD drivers

Ok, i looked on the amdsite and saw the driver i got earlier wasnt compatible with laptops that have switchable graphics so im looking at the hp site for one @KizzaGaming

1 Like

Could be why

1 Like

So @KizzaGaming, i got the new driver but it still wont work, i can still see the steam overlay and such

@KizzaGaming I figured it out, was using amd AND intel at the same time