Having the game gifted

Hi, I have been playing the Demo of this in ridiculously large amounts. I have a friend willing to purchase the game for me. I went through the ’ Purchase ’ Options, and could not find any option or choice that allows the game to be gifted. I really would like this game, and the time-frame for this purchase to happen is rather limited. Is there a way to tie a download link to an e-mail? Just wondering. Many thanks,

Firestar1161

When I purchased the game I was given a URL to click to start my download. I don’t know if those are tied to the account or not. If not, he could buy it and just give you the URL.

1 Like

Alright. This is nice to know, but is there anyone who can possibly back this up? I’d hate to buy it and have only him stuck with it and then go through a big issue with Support. XD

That’s how the indie bundles work, so I’d assume it would be similar here too then.

There is no DRM in the game, so nothing tying the game EXE to anyone’s account. That means that your friend can simply forward the download link to you, or even download it themselves and hand you a USB drive (for example).

Thanks for all the wonderful help everyone!

No problem, I hope you enjoy the game as much as the rest of us! :smile:

If you want to gift the game you should contact orders@fastspring.com

I will check for proper ways to correct already purchased ‘gifted’ copies.

So all I have to do is just simply buy the game then send the link to the person I will give to?

I’m having a giveaway video for this game when my video reached 50likes:

no, I can’t confirm this yet. it’s best to contact orders@fastspring.com BEFORE you buy the game.

I haven’t got a good answers from them.:confused:

could you forward your email conversation to support@greenheartgames.com (and refer to this message) and we will try to sort this out. sorry for the trouble.

I emailed them few weeks ago and this is what they said:

Greetings,

Thank you for supporting Game Dev Tycoon!

You can indeed gift this game to a friend by following these simple
steps;

1. Continue to place your order as normal, Filing in your friends
    details.

2. Later in the checkout process the billing address information is
    filled in by default, but, you will see under the address the option
    to “Make Changes”.

3. By selecting this, you can change the billing details as needed.
    The order will still maintain the originally entered delivery details
    for the end user. This will send all invoices using the Billing
    Address details while sending license/registration information using
    the Delivery Address.

If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to contact
us.

Kindest Regards

Charlie Morrissey

Greetings :smile:
My full signature should show up as;

Charlie
Greenheart Games :heart:
Twitter @GreenheartGames
www.greenheartgames.com
Makers of Game Dev Tycoon

I am part of the Greenheart Games Team, not Fast Spring.

The email you copied describes how to purchase the game as a gift for someone else. This was a statement sent to me from Fast Spring, our Distributors.

Please let me know which part of this you are stuck on and I will try and help

Charlie
Twitter @GreenheartGames
www.greenheartgames.com

This is not the correct way to do this, as your email address would receive the updates and not his.

The correct way is;

1. Continue to place your order as normal, Filing in your friends details.

2. Later in the checkout process the billing address information is filled in by default, but, you will see under the address the option to “Make Changes”.

3. By selecting this, you can change the billing details as needed. The order will still maintain the originally entered delivery details for the end user. This will send all invoices using the Billing Address details while sending license/registration information using the Delivery Address.

Charlie
Twitter @GreenheartGames www.greenheartgames.com

The winner of my giveaway already replied to me and I just asked his email.I’m using Paypal to buy your product and I can’t see the billing address info nor the “make changes”

Another thing, I’m afraid to complete the order since it may be REALLY completed.>.> And they might send the game to me.:confused:

Is the “make changes” option there after I complete my order?

Luanne 2:25 AM (17 hours ago) to me Hello,

If you contact us after the purchase, with the details of who you want
it delivered to, we can edit the email and send it to the person you
are gifting it to.

This is what the fastpring told me.

1. Later in the checkout process the billing address information is filled in by default, but, you will see under the address the option to “Make Changes”.

This is Correct, should you miss the “make changes” part then you can simply email Fast Spring and let them know to make the changes so that your friends receives the updates and emails and not you.

Hope this helps!

Charlie
Twitter @GreenheartGames
www.greenheartgames.com

I totally missed the make chanes good sir. I emailed fastspring.

I gave the order ID and the email of the person who won my contest. I hope they can sort it out. I really wish your game would be in steam soon.

Best of Luck.:slight_smile: