German Patch correction

I’ll collect some german sentences of the game, which don’t sound good or which are wrong. :slight_smile:

It should be “Genreübereinstimmung”

“Auswahl der Spielmerkmale” ist too long. The “Fertig” Button get’s hide. It can also be only “Spielmerkmale”. :slight_smile:

The texts are buggy :smiley:

It should be “Wählen”.

Buggy Symbols. And the first paragraph is wrong. Here is how it should be:

“Hallo zusammen,
ich habe gerade …(name of the game)… durchgespielt und denke, dass ihr Potenzial habt.”

To be continued :smiley:

I hope this will help you. I’ll update this list the next days and weeks :smiley:

Greetz

2 Likes

Thanks for the info. What screen resolution are you using, btw?

Note that the German translation was done primarily by the developers themselves, owing to their being Austrian by birth.

Hi and thanks for the pictures.

I’m Christoph, Translation Moderator, German language.
Patrick and Daniel, are aware of this issues, and I discussed with them, how to fix them. This something technical inside the code, that is something I can’t fix.

On the other hand, I’m already working on the first corrections local on my PC and I really need help with correcting all the strings. I know there a lot of typo’s and sentence, which don’t make sense, but it’s hard to translate, if you can’t realize the context, like your “Wähle” example. The original string was “Select” in the pure file it isn’t clear that this is a button. So the correct translations are “Wähle”, “Wählen”, “Auswählen”, “Erwählen” and so on…

If you really want to improve the translation, join the Weblate at http://translate.greenheartgames.com and make suggestions. If they are valid, I’ll commit them to the repo and we’ll implement them within the next bugfix updates.

Thanks in advance.

Christoph a.k.a. Hyphon
Translator, German language, Game Dev Tycoon