GDTMP-FX Reborn Again! (Multiplayer Mod)

All of the links seem to be dead. Would it be possible to reupload the files to a reliable link. Specifically the backend download. So that we can setup new server lists. This would be great.

Sorry for downtime, forgot to redirect DNS servers to new server for this.

All dl links and backend are online.

error 404 :frowning:

None of your links work!!! i have tried adding you to steam but you are un-responsive 
 i want to get a public server going but i need to setup a backend server.

Backups are online, took me awhile to find them.

Hey, can you fix server download links please.

1 Like

Hey, can you fix server download links please.

1 Like

Done

Done, reuploaded

1 Like

Any idea why my friends can connect but they immediately are kicked and it says “Dropped player with message trolololo”?

Having an issue whenever my friends try to join this is the servers response:
[19:44:08] Recieved data from client Friends IP:50012 (12): “REQID”, “74930253765”, “0.5.12”, “gdt-modAPIĂ»Game Dev Tycoon Mod API 0.1.2ĂŒdmultiplayerĂ»GDTMP-FX 0.5.12: Multiplayer! 0.5.12”
[19:44:08] Sent trololo and dropped client

18/05/2020 19:44:08 [Info] Failed to send. Disconnecting. System.AggregateException: One or more errors occurred. —> System.ObjectDisposedException: Cannot access a disposed object.
Object name: ‘System.Net.Sockets.NetworkStream’.
at System.Net.Sockets.NetworkStream.EndWrite(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
at System.Threading.Tasks.TaskFactory1.FromAsyncCoreLogic(IAsyncResult iar, Func2 endFunction, Action1 endAction, Task1 promise, Boolean requiresSynchronization)
— End of inner exception stack trace —
—> (Inner Exception #0) System.ObjectDisposedException: Cannot access a disposed object.
Object name: ‘System.Net.Sockets.NetworkStream’.
at System.Net.Sockets.NetworkStream.EndWrite(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
at System.Threading.Tasks.TaskFactory1.FromAsyncCoreLogic(IAsyncResult iar, Func2 endFunction, Action1 endAction, Task1 promise, Boolean requiresSynchronization)<—

Would appreciate any help thanks :smiley:

1 Like

If you get disconnected by “Nice try :slight_smile: | You’ve been kicked from the server.” message or see “Sent trololo and dropped client” on the server, that is because there is a constant variable named OFFICIAL, which defaults to true when the build is in Debug configuration.

So, as far as I understand, it prevents people from joining to the developer’s server when the developer actively debugs the code. And the link JetFox gave as server files are in Debug configuration. To get Release configuration, download server source files and install Visual Studio with .NET Desktop Environment included. Unpack source files into a temporary folder (you might keep it if you want to), then open “dmultiplayersrv.sln” (you might not see .sln if showing extensions is disabled) using Visual Studio. If you have no idea how you can open it, just start up the Visual Studio and choose File -> Open -> Project/Solution from the toolbar. There, you should see Debug as a dropdown list in the toolbar. Change it to Release and then you can build it by choosing Build -> Build Solution from the same toolbar.

Built files should be inside “.\dmultiplayersrvgui\bin\Release”, which is relative to the unpack location. Use those server files instead and it’ll work as expected.
@IsaacLightning @Maximus_Weedimus

1 Like

As I cannot mention more than 2 users, I split my message in two. (as I just created the account, it limits mentions)
@JetFox Also, if you are still active, can you update the link you gave so it defaults to Release, saving people from working with Visual Studio?

Thanks but I just don’t know how to set up my own back end it’s so confusing.

I got it working after a little bit! Thanks so much btw your fix saved me :smiley:

Another edit. Does anyone actually know what “review battle” does or is it just broken?