Game keeps crashing after a while

I took out off kristoff’s cheat mod to see if it would help but after a while it would still crash. Can somoneone please help?

show us your mod list

I don’t have any mods installed anymore just the basic API that came with the game.

what does the error say?

I get no error just a message say “Game dev tycoon has failed to respond. Will now shut down.” or something like that.

have you try to reinstall it?

Not yet.

try then :wink:

trying to figure out how to.

just uninstall the game (but make sure you have the installer file) and install it back

I have the game on steam…not sure bout uninstallation.

nope dont know how @Charlie help

Try making a new game/save, time traveling using kristoff’s mod can be dangerous sometimes.

Hey @Hinami

You will probably find it helpful to check out our modding FAQ; Official Modding F.A.Q

Once you have installed a mod and used it with a current save game, uninstalling will most likely have negative side effects.
I would suggest starting a new game. To do this as soon as the game hits the ‘click to continue’ screen press the ‘escape’ key and select ‘new’ from the menu. Be sure to not have any mods activated if you want to maintain the integrity of your new game.

If you have disabled the Cheat mod and you are still running on the same Save game that could be the problem. Another problem could be that you have had mods installed while playing that Save game and later disabled them, this could be causing the error because its still looking for those Platforms/Topics etc.

More information would have to be given such as OS System, RAM, and CPU. The problem could be that your system is not strong enough to handle the game, in cases it could most likely be the RAM.

I fixed it and the mod works fine now (mainly because I think it was the wrong version)