Game Dev Tycoon - Steam Greenlight and responding to feedback

Can you please discuss the option of ‘pre-order’ with Valve? I want to buy the game now, but only via Steam. :wink:

1 Like

Just to make sure you’re aware, The game is already available on Win7 if you purchase from GHG directly.

And @tobias_mathes, if you buy the game now, via the GHG website, not only will you get a Steam key once the game ‘hits the shelves’ on Steam, GHG will get a larger percentage of the money because Valve won’t be taking a cut.

I usually buy games only at the Steam store, the other problem is that the GHG ‘store’ doesn’t support the payment option I’d like to use. For me it’s not about the money, it’s about the comfort.

I would pre-order now, I then get notified via email by Steam if the game is ready for (pre-)download.

And by the way, pre-order would reduce the workload for GHG. Because they don’t have to send out alot of keys after the Steam release and let me tell you, I already experienced that this can bare some problems (keys not working, etc.).

Another thing I would like to see is something like ‘4-copy’ packages, so one could buy copies for their friends, too. Some game devs already do this.

Keep your sense of style and humor, and I think it’ll end up being another great game. :slight_smile:

That is very appreciative, even though we are waiting 2-3 months until the official games release, at least 85% of the bugs will be gone by the time gets released, I hope you guys release it as soon as possible with all the bugs fixed it, I have dealt with very minor bugs so it hasn’t affected me in any way. However, this game needs more content, so fix the bugs, release the game and then implement more things!! Great work :smiley:

I discovered this game on jeuxvideo.com. Then I download a torrent of this game. When the message appeared to thanks during the game, I visited this website, saw the plot about the illegal/legal download, and see that the dev are only 2 guys. And that could be me with a friend.

So, I bought it yesterday. You should not thanks the buyers, but the buyers should thanks you for doing this game.

So thanks :smiley:

2 Likes

I’m certainly pleased at the idea of being able to get better at the game without checking a wiki to find out the perfect way to do things.

I hope this isnt hard for you to do but i want to design how my console looks and not have to choose from pre-sets. I want you to add this (while still keeping the presets as options) into the steam version if possible or you want to or whatever. If you cant do it for whatever reason i understand. Thank you for your time.

Good to know there definitely is a next project :smiley:

TV Tycoon and I will love you forever. :wink:

1 Like

Steam Greenlight for Game Dev Tycoon all the way!

3 Likes

I wish all review videos were that awesome :yellow_heart:

1 Like
 Dont know if you guys will read this but i just wanted to say that i am an avid gamer with a low budget so i pirate games to decide what i really like and want to invest money in, I pirated your game like many many others out there (Not the version you released on torrent sites) and after playing with it for a couple days gladly spent the eight dollars to help your small but hopefully growing company.
 Guys keep up the good work and i will be more than eager to buy the next installment as well as other games you release! Like I know you already know, seeing some intuitive programming to different styles of game play would be nice as well as some sort of helpful direction when your not doing so well but for a first game i am extremely impressed. THANK YOU

javascript.run.Review.txt-description= No one is probably gonna read this

I started watching your game being played since its release, but my parents don’t want me to buy the game. I was very disappointed, but still, i watch the let’s plays go on Youtube.

After i acquired enough money to buy your game on my bank account, i decided to buy it myself. When suddenly i was chosen a winner of a Game Dev Tycoon giveaway.

I was shocked, i didn’t know what to say. But i got the game. Full price.

After 2 months of playing it, it has become addictive to me. This part of gaming hasn’t been realized yet since the release of Game Dev Story on the mobile phones. But you guys made it, through many great youtubers and reviewers, and i can’t thank you enough for making this game.

I will go buy your next game, if you guys will ever make one, that is. Keep up the good work guys, and please, don’t stop making awesome content!

And THANK YOU!

javascript.end

I stumbled across the game from watching Youtube stuff, mostly a lot of the Let’s Play type stuff. Tried the demo, loved it (once I realized I could launch it on a secondary screen (After all, multi-screen does add problems) and play), played my first 5 years and was sad to see it end there.

So I just wandered out, got a Visa Gift Card, and gifted myself this game. I promised I’d do it, and I do keep my promises.

1 Like

Hi, I have followed this game from the start and have played the demo a lot, but haven’t bought it yet due to restrictions, but I am happy to wait for it to be on steam. I am not one of your many pirates and so thumbed it up on greenlight immediately, however one thing that I would like to know is if the price would change when the game goes on steam, will it stay the same or go up? I know the difference would be minimal but I am curious to see.
Thanks

As far as i know the price will be the same.

But they have to cover the costs of the middle man which its Steam so I won’t be surprised if this game ends up being $10.

Since it has been repeatedly stated that the game will continue to be $8, my bet is that it’ll be $8 on Steam. This also takes into account that every sale on Steam will be pure profit, and Valve’s cut is likely less than Microsoft’s (on the Win8 store). As well as the fact that everyone who has paid $8 for the Desktop edition will get a free Steam key, so why should people buying through Steam pay MORE to get LESS (specifically, the Desktop edition allows complete DRM-free freedom, whereas the Steam edition will be tied to Steam)?

Yeah true, it could be $8 but Im still swinging for $10 as a rough guess.