Game Dev Tycoon RT version pulled from the store?

Hello everyone,

Yesterday i reset my Surface 2 (RT version) device which removed all my apps and data. Today i wanted to re-download the game from the store. Unfortunately i couldn’t find it :frowning: . Then i found out that on my normal desktop computer that the game was no longer available as RT version.

Am i doing something wrong? I bought it specifically for my tablet. (over 1 year ago)

Greetings,

Mitchz

:open_mouth:
@Charlie

Hey @Mitchz

Unfortunately due to technical issues on the Windows Store, the ARM version is no longer available. We are in contact with Microsoft to restore the game but there is no ETA yet. Existing players should still be able to play, but the game is no longer available on the Store, so can no longer be installed.

We all hope that Microsoft work to resolve this issue quickly. Sorry for the trouble.

Hello @Charlie Any update on when the game will return to the Windows store? (rt). It’s been a month now. Infortunately i don’t have the game on my tablet anymore to play It. :cry:

Hey @Mitchz I have just sent a request for this information myself.
Thank you for your patience and sorry again for these troubles.

When I receive more information I will make a post here.

1 Like

Well it seems we must be patience :fearful: @Mitchz

I have not heard back yet, sorry guys.

Hey! I know a few tricks on how to get your game back… Simply do this:

1. Go to your Start menu.
  2. Go to the Store app. If you don’t have it on your Start menu, you’re gonna have to search for it.
  3. Go to Account than navigate to My apps.
  4. Game Dev Tycoon should be No Longer Available, but you should right-click on it and choose Install. It should be installing now.
    I forgot how Windows 8 looks and I’m pretty sure the RT version is a bit different. But, again, Idk.
    Edit:I edited my post as I have Windows 8.1 now.

What about “Download” history? It should be on there, if the Windows Store has one of those, I am not sure because, even though I have Windows 8, I do not use this feature that much.

Hello @Charlie Any news on when the game will be back as RT version?

Such professionalism Microsoft. Such professionalism.

1 Like

I am afraid not :frowning:

Is there any way it could be released it in 2017 I really enjoyed playing the steam copy of my game but would love to play it on my surface 2 which is running windows rt.

I’m sorry to disappoint you, but the Windows Store is… probably not worth it to put GDT on there again. Considering maybe ten people would buy it. But I’m not GHG so maybe you could ask @PatrickKlug.