Game Dev Tycoon mobile app

Hiya,

for starters I would like to say that the game is awesome and I like it a lot, but I have few questions.
Is there any possibility to have this game as App for example for Windows Phone or Android? If yes, when is this going to happen, and if no, why not? I know few people who would love to play this on mobile device, myself included.

Just gonna say, I agree to this and I’ve actually found myself wishing for a mobile version several times.
Especially since the game’s interface would probably be perfect for a mobile device. All you’re doing is poking the screen to make a menu pop up, selecting options, and adjusting sliders. The only thing that WOULD be a problem is the menus option provided through hitting the esc key, but I’m sure an alternative could easily be implemented.

If such a thing doesn’t exist within the foreseeable future, I hope that you guys might eventually consider it.

I don’t really think Greenheart Games is gonna make a mobile app for Game Dev Tycoon. Game Dev Tycoon is inspired by Game Dev Story, and Game Dev Story is specific for the mobile. If you want to play a sort of Game Dev Tycoon game for the mobile, I would recommend you playing Game Dev Story.

Oh! … Well, that’s good enough. I’m gonna have to go download it. :smiley:

At this stage we don’t have any plans to support other platforms yet. It will be awhile before we will be able to consider other platforms for the game.
Also the reason why not is due to incompatibilities with the software the game is built on. There are a few threads about with more info on this.

Greenheart Games is unlikely to release a Game Dev Tycoon mobile app, in my opinion. Game Dev Tycoon is based on Game Dev Story, however Game Dev Story is designed specifically for mobile devices. If you’re looking for a mobile game that’s similar to Game Dev Tycoon, I propose Game Dev Story.