Game Dev Tycoon is coming to Steam on August 29th

Windows RT users can’t install Steam on their tablets, so they won’t get a Steam Key.

I saw the ad for this on steam, and I had a few questions. Is this the game I heard about several months back, that if you pirate the copy, the game itself takes that into account and forces most of your A-rated games to become pirated in-game? And if so, will steam be getting just the regular copy, or a version of both the Pirated copy (in the F2P catagory) and the good copy will be available, or if perhaps there’s an option in the regular game to make it think it’s pirated? When I had first heard of the game, I thought it was an amazing concept, game developers have been aware of Pirates for so long, I remember when Sega released a disc with INSTRUCTIONS on how to pirate. IMHO, screw the game companies, I’m a communist, I’m for free-ware technology, and gamers like myself can only hope companies like EA and SOE go out of business.

@Tspizz We aim to provide Steam keys to anyone who purchased the game, be it via our website, on Windows 8 or on Windows RT. More info next week.

Thank you, Patrick, for clarifying this. Appreciate it and I can’t wait to try the new revised/updated Game Dev!

I can’t wait! I wish it was Thursday. :smiley:

So since you’re into everything being free your not using windows right? People who truly believe in software freedom should be using Linux.

Multi-Platform?! Yessssssssssssssss. This update is gonna be amazing!
enter link description here

Also, the game is the 3rd(?) featured item on Steam! That’s amazing! How many Pre-Orders have there been?

Thanks :smiley: I’ve wanted multiplatforms for awhile:) Hope you added 3GS and Playsystem Vita as well.

Game dev tycoon is steam’s 24st most selling game! I’m so happy for greenheart games :smiley:

If you purchased the game via the website before the steam release you will get a steam key for Game Dev Tycoon. Don’t you worry, they would never do that.

The devs have also stated you don’t need to purchase before date as they plan on giving steam keys after the release to people who buy the other ways also…

I’m yet another one who can’t wait. It’ll be good to have this on steam along with my other games. Organized and neat, you know?

I know right?? I can’t wait til the release!

PS: Your avatar is awesome.

August 29, 2013 why do you have to be so far away even though your 5 days away. ugh, greenheart games, just release it already, you already have it coded up and ready.

As well as releasing the game, it would be important to work on the subtitles in Portuguese for the game!

Play the Demo version of “Game Dev Tycoon” was a different experience, good and frustrating, unfortunately the game is not available for purchase in Brazil which makes the Brazilian public frustrating. Hopefully soon the game is subtitled in Portuguese and available to the region of Brazil.

Time to become a hermit once again… thank you GHG

Don’t be scared. It’s just me, :smile: I miss those glasses.

You should put one of those “Deal With It” subtitles somewhere in there… :]

2 Likes

Just wondering, is there an exact date for the steam keys yet?