Game Dev Tycoon is coming to Steam on August 29th

Awesome :smiley:

I moved a post to an existing topic: German translation

Congratz on the steam release!

That will be one key please :slight_smile:

Is it possible to get an ETA on the steam keys? I’m really excited for this!

2 Likes

The keys will be distributed next week on these days, August 26-September 1,2013.

I moved a post to an existing topic: Portuguese (pt-br) translation

I am really waiting for this!!!
Maybe the Atari 2600 will be available? Other than that, High pitched Squeal

This sounds awesome! Thanks for continuing to work on this game!

Its pretty close to the release date already… I really hope I get that steam key since I already bought the game.

Anyway glad to know the game has been improved. Will the steam version work with full screen touch screen on a surface pro? Also is there a 4th office since you said the storyline is extended…

I bought the game after seeing it advertised on STEAM on the Windows8 Store… so I could play it on my Win8 Laptop and my Win7 desktop tower on STEAM later… I like the game a lot so far and the new update sounds great! I wonder if you have all our email addy’s for distributing the keys for people who bought on the Windows Store???

Nice. When the people who bought it through your site get key for steam? :blush:

1 Like

Um, I think you meant to say the game will be released to Grid :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I said when this game released, I hope its successful because its awesome, I’m putting this greenlight down to a ‘Yes’ on that issue. Good job devs! I hope for more from this company in the future.

Great changes ! looking forward for steam version :smile:

Will windows RT owners of Game Dev Tycoon get a steam key?

Windows RT users can’t install Steam on their tablets, so they won’t get a Steam Key.

I saw the ad for this on steam, and I had a few questions. Is this the game I heard about several months back, that if you pirate the copy, the game itself takes that into account and forces most of your A-rated games to become pirated in-game? And if so, will steam be getting just the regular copy, or a version of both the Pirated copy (in the F2P catagory) and the good copy will be available, or if perhaps there’s an option in the regular game to make it think it’s pirated? When I had first heard of the game, I thought it was an amazing concept, game developers have been aware of Pirates for so long, I remember when Sega released a disc with INSTRUCTIONS on how to pirate. IMHO, screw the game companies, I’m a communist, I’m for free-ware technology, and gamers like myself can only hope companies like EA and SOE go out of business.

@Tspizz We aim to provide Steam keys to anyone who purchased the game, be it via our website, on Windows 8 or on Windows RT. More info next week.

Thank you, Patrick, for clarifying this. Appreciate it and I can’t wait to try the new revised/updated Game Dev!

I can’t wait! I wish it was Thursday. :smiley: