Game Dev Tycoon is coming to Steam on August 29th

So is it released yet? Its currently 11:45pm on the 29th of August here in Sydney Australia. Its going to be the 30th of August in just 15 minutes. Hopefully I’ll wake up tomorrow morning and the game will be released on steam. I bought it from the windows store though so I wonder how I will get my steam key…

So when are we getting the steam keys again as it is the 29th of August currently 3.03pm and still waiting, hope they come soon. Its great that there is a game like this and a company also, not like company’s such as EA & the company who made Call Of Duty Black Ops 2 which looks like not enough effort has been put into it.

Hey guys,

Just a lil reassuring update;
We are sending out Steam keys and aim to have them all done very, very soon!.
See this thread for details on that;
http://forum.greenheartgames.com/t/faq-game-dev-tycoon-steam-keys/6728/5

The game is now unlocked and available for download!

Yay! Game Dev Tycoon is now out on steam!

Cool to see the game on Steam, I just got my Steam Key. Hope we get a Linux update soon.

1 Like

Hope we will get Linux version soon on Steam. I’m bought this game only because its native. So if Linux version will stuck at 1.3 its will be very disappointed…

+1 for the Linux version. I really wish that the steam release had steamplay for all three platforms and not just win+mac, especially since it is possible.

Still waiting, though, cannot play 1.4 via wine either, so we are for sure second-rate customers …

I dint get my steam key and is there a way to reset your address so they can send it to your new email address THANKS…

Didn’t get the key yet, but I’m patient. Can’t wait for this update! Will there be any way to transfer saves?

I’ve got my steam key :slight_smile: But I would also like to play this new version on Linux indeed. It’s nice to see the current moment of more and more games being ported to Linux… I hope this trend will keep going on, though imo OpenGL needs some more optimalisations before it reaches the features and performance of Direct X.

Hey guys!
If you have not received your email please contact orders@fastspring.com and ask them to resend the order fulfillment email. When doing so provide your order-id.

Can we get an ETA on 1.4 for Linux?

I am actually downloading this on my laptop and my other laptop that has steam. :slight_smile:

I bought the game like 6 months ago on ur site and i just wonder if u already have been sending out steam keys to our emails or if it is some claim ur key mechanic on the site… i dunno so thats why i ask! ^^
How do i get my steam key?

We’re second rate because we have under 5% of the market share pie. I’m incredibly happy they’re making a linux release at all tbh :slight_smile:

But yes, +1 to waiting for the linux release.

I still have not got any email about my steam key… and I bought the game a few weeks after its release any time when already existing supporters will get these steam keys?

They should have all been sent out - do you have access to the email address you originally bought the game with? Have you checked your spam folder?

Or did you buy in the Win8 store? If so, you need to go into the game to claim your key.

Please check this thread for information on Steam Keys;
http://forum.greenheartgames.com/t/faq-game-dev-tycoon-steam-keys/6728