Game Dev Tycoon got the green light on Steam!

Congratulations on getting the GreenLight. It’s nice that your work is being recognized. I plan on buying the game, but I have a quick question. What would be your preference, to buy the game on steam or buy it from the site directly?

Also, I certainly hope you continue to expand the game, and listening to the customer feedback to make a product that will get the 10’s all game developers seek. :smile:

Did it get you out of your garage yet? =P

4 Likes

Nice one. :smiley: Now if we could just get this on GoG and the Mac app store then I think we could achieve TOTAL WORLD DOMINATION!

Did it get the green light on steam, or the green heart on steam?

1 Like

It was Greenlit on Steam, wtf is green heart?

If i buy from greenheart site full version will i get steam key?

What’s the name of this website again? I think it was the same name of the studio that made the game…

But you can’t green heart something on Steam. I’m guessing that was just a poor joke then.

Yes. They said that.

Hooray for greenheartgames! I’m sure you’re all feeling… STEAMED. :smiley:

Buying directly from the developer’s website is almost always better for the developer since we get a bigger share from the purchase price. We aim to send out steam keys to existing customers as soon as we figure out the technicalities. So, if you buy from us, you get to play earlier and we get a bigger cut. Win-win :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Congratulations GHG, im happy for you! Keep up the good work guys! :slight_smile:

Na dann haut mal rein den Balance Patch raus zu hauen :slight_smile: Das Spiel macht richtig Laune, und ich will auch weiter spielen, aber nicht wenn ich immer verliere. Das ist einfach nur so frustrierend dass ich mich dazu zwingen muss meine Zeit wo anders zu investieren, da ich zum einen nicht noch frustrierter sein möchte und zum anderen sowieso wieder verliere, die Zeit somit auf jeden Fall verschwendet wird :confused:

Just like the in-game publisher deals… if you work with a publisher you earn less money but you get more customers… it depends on what prefer/is worth…

If I bought the game, can I get a steam key?

yes. They Said You Will

Congratulations on getting the green light!I am following this game for a while and I finally have the chance to buy it!Is there fixed price for steam yet?

New announcement:

http://forum.greenheartgames.com/t/game-dev-tycoon-steam-greenlight-and-responding-to-feedback/4396