Game Dev Tycoon General Feedback & Suggestions Rolling Thread 1

how 'bout u add game’s sponsor and game’s price? It’ll be nice

and publisher too,

Not impossible at all.
Made 164 million with a large game recently.

Now I don’t know if someone else has brought this up but handheld consoles would be interesting to add to the game. while your home console is selling you can make a handheld to. you could customize it to be able to connect to the internet. your other console. you can make games for both of your consoles. you can set how powerful it is which affects how portable it is. like a super advanced handheld might be on the big side. BUT! it shouldn’t be reserved to just a handheld! you can make smaller versions of your previous consoles!
Ex. You made the Awesome System and it’s sales were HUGE!! but after you made your next console you should be able to make a smaller version better fit for travel. So while your fans are at G3 they can play their favourite Awesome System games while your next console will be in development.
But back to handhelds. making it would be similar to consoles. you can choose for your games to be able to do special features with your console. like exclusive content only able to be done when the handheld is connected to the console. so i think this would actually do well in the game it just probably needs more thought put into it to make it even better. what do you think?

Hi

I would like to see in a possible sequel.

1. Backwards Compatibility with your own games and consoles.

2. More customised game console designs, i.e you could create your own console case and accessories and put it on your console.

3. More Offices, this would be a good idea to expand the number of offices to 5 or 6.

4. 4D Technology, this is just starting to break through into the gaming industry.

5. Custom tablets/phones, you colud be able to research mobile chips, accessories, screens, ram, etc and design and qc the phone before release.

6. New Departments, such as; Quality Control, Mobile and Tablet design.

7. Handheld consoles, this would be great if you decide to develop a home console called e.g. Box One, and you can develop a handheld console called Box One Mini.

Thats All Folks

User Interface suggestion:

1. Can we have indicator for which game topic we’ve tried or haven’t
    tried? Like check mark or different color coding for tried game
    topic.
  2. Browsing through Game History and Sequel is very painful to do.
    Please display it as listing instead and add search and sorting function for easier navigation.
1 Like

You know what I would love? For the workers to stop scratching their stupid heads and stop development. It infuriates me whenever I see it. Especially when I am in the garage and I have a contract to do. Anybody else have this problem?

All though it’s annoying, it is a part of the game which reflects to the real world.

Especially during contracts, it annoys me.

I admit, sometimes i do stop and stare at my screen and scratch my head in amazement :smiley:
That stuff really does happen!

1 Like

Hahah then make them go on like a break, like they disappear at a time a day for say a hour.

there should be more than 2. look at assassins creed black flag

Put this hit game on the iPad please

hit not the other word

1 Like

Something that’s relatively simple yet massively helpful would be optional cover art for your game.

There should be a very simple “paint” like interface for players to draw a simple cover art.
Players can also have the ability to add their own small external images as cover art.

This would replace the image of the console when browsing through game history (which would greatly improve searching and make it look nicer)
Also, it would put a more personal spin/investment in each individual game created.
Again, this should be an optional feature with little to no impact on game score. It’s simply to help the player

A big benefit this would have is the ability to hang the cover art as a poster on the game studio’s wall if you win an award for the game/ the game gets highly rated. It seems that many game studios have some type of item related to their popular games at their studios. :slight_smile:

I think that would be more realistic if player could hire more staff. Because 7 people (including player) can’t make AAA games in real life. But controling 400 people is serious problem for player too. So, probably hiring teams of developers, and making one of your “elite of 7 guys” ruling one of those teams, and making another guys of your “elite of 7” ruling other developer teams. Ehm… making them bosses, and giving them their staff, that they must control. And the player will be on the top of that pyramide. Like in real game dev companies.

At least let us have 9 staff. There are nine specialty fields, but we have only 7 staff. Two more desks could fit into that largest office building - one at the top, one at the bottom.

An idea I’ve been tossing around in my head is a way to update games. A lot of recent games aren’t just off the market after a while. Most continue to sell long after their release date. Especially those on Steam. Releasing updates every once in a while could help to boost sales and keep the interest high. Think about how Minecraft is so successful. It continues to update. Skyrim just got a remastered version.