[GAME IDEA] Project: Console Dev Sim [HIATUS]

Sort of like GDT but with CONSOLES!?!

EDIT 2
Hello guys,

I’ve recently put CDS on a Hiatus. If you would like to find out, read on. Anyways, I would like to announce herein that we have an official steam account. The account link and website will be put at the end of this thread. So far, our main programmer, who I wont be disclosing the name of has decided to leave us, and we cannot continue without him. Console Dev Simulator is still in development, and is not “abandoned” or “uninspired work”. It is still a big project. I know not much of you will even care, but I’d just like to announce the fact.

Steam Account: http://steamcommunity.com/id/R4_Game_Studios_LTD

(The name R4 Game Studios LTD. is not copyrighted, and if anyone holds said name, we do not claim it.)
Employee Information:
Maysin R. Valrwynd -
Main Artist
Derek L. Johnson -
Brother, good friend, Artist
Jakob L. Johnson -
Main developer, me
Varin H. Valhalla -
New main programmer.

Sincerely, J.J, Maysin and Varin.

EDIT

Hey guys;

Our main programmer has quit the progress. Our team now only consists of 2 artists, me, and one mildly-ok programmer. I’m putting this project on hiatus. Don’t expect it any time soon.

Sincerely, J.J.

DESCRIPTION
Welcome to Console Dev Sim. You,{INSERT NAME HERE} have been inspired to develop your own video gaming machine starting from 1984 or 1999! Choose company name, character name and get started! Have third party developers sign on 1 year - 10 year game creation contracts for your game console, create your own first party software, maybe even rival Nintendo or Sega or Sony or Microsoft.
HELP NEEDED!
I need the help of 4-8 other people on this project so if you think you have what it takes (alone, i certainly dont) so post in the comments “Project: Fun!” or “JacobJakob’s Project: Fun!” and be entered in to become a helper!
THANKS FOR READING!
And for anyone who applies and is selected will get early alpha, beta and gold edition tests, exclusive rights to mod the game if modding support is ever added, and most importantly, my admiration for the help!
CURRENT IDEAS FOR FEATURES (UPDATING DAILY)
-Have up to 3 consoles on the market at a time
-Sign company 1-10 year software deals
-Handheld consoles
-Choose and research new “bits” (8, 16, 32, 64, 128, infinite)
-Choose media type (Cartridge (4MB, 8MB, 12MB, 32MB) CD, DVD Blu-Ray, SD Card, Custom disc)
-Create a PC or console
-Random events
CONCEPT ART

(I know its terrible and this is not going to be even close to the final game)

@JacobJakob Sounds like a great Idea! I would be happy to help with GFX!

Jacob, you dont have the experience to create a game yet.

No-one wants to help a noob who knows nothing about what he’s doing.

Learn http://godotengine.org and then you can try.

…What?

What did you just say?

Umm… I want…

Wow way to kill the mans vibe

1 Like

Yeah. He made me reconsider this whole thing…

I can’t help, but it looks like a really cool idea! Don’t reconsider it :cry:

I know, but I don’t want a bad game due to my inexperience. I don’t want you to waste your money or hard drive space on a low quality game…

THANKS A LOT @Stian

But I like wasting money!

lol I love how everyone hates me for saying that you cant create a game without experience.

@JacobJakob, you definitely cant charge money for it. Just think, Bill Gates wouldn’t be able to develop Windows if he didn’t know any programming to hire more people eventually. It was not meant in a mean way, just advice. I doubt you even have clear ideas as to how you will create this game either. (Premade engine, programming language etc.) Figure those out, make plans and learn! :smiley:

EDIT: I do know that people hate me more than others, and thats why they like to point out every single bit I write which might sound inappropriate. I’m fully aware.

I know that there are plenty of people that would gladly help someone get off their feet, especially on the GHG forums

2 Likes

@Stian
I think maybe you should realize that I infact do have past experience creating games, I just never sold them. I have a couple that I have saved on my old crappy windows XP laptop and with those small crumbles of experience I could start from there.

@mrdewdew
Thanks.

"Project: Fun!"
I would do any testing/idea giving help for you.
(anyone who wants @JacobJakob to reconsider say
#The Jacob Consoles
)

1 Like

@khal00d352
<3! I have a feeling no one else is going to say that so your selected <3! Private message me and we can talk :slight_smile:

Count me in!

Sounds good! Private message me! :smile:

Hey @Stian
"No-one wants to help a noob"

4 Likes

Don’t poke him. He isn’t annoying unless provoked, then he can start flamewar… sorry @Stian if you feel offended.

1 Like

I would like to help , since haters came like stian , stian you scrub.