Firefox.exe has been blocked from the graphic card

no words.
seriously though, how do I get it unblocked?

What??? How does a graphic card blocked a exe???

I have to be on Internet Explorer to actually browse on the internet.

1 Like

Emmm… that’s not normal. I suggest you check your computer with an AntiVirus and/or malware thing, because this should never happen and it has no reason to.

For the record, it’s not the graphics card itself doing the blocking. It’s likely the computer’s security settings somewhere. Most browsers use hardware acceleration to speed up the browsing for little things like smooth scrolling, up to big things like WebGL (which is simply an OpenGL subset, and can be used for 3D games on the web - such as Quake Live, for example).

Something on your computer has decided that accessing the hardware is not allowed. This could be in Internet Settings, or it could be your A/V… or you could be running in VM.

As for getting it unblocked, I’ve no idea… I’ve never actually seen that before, which Windows and A/V combo are you using?

1 Like

Poor soul…

5 Likes

I am using Windows 8 and I have no antivirus…

That is a Firefox 4 ‘feature’ which you can read about here:

https://wiki.mozilla.org/Blocklisting/Blocked_Graphics_Drivers

At the bottom is a note on unblocking the GPU driver which states

If you would like to forcibly enable a graphics feature that is blocked on your system, follow these instructions. Warning: do this at your own risk. There usually are good reasons why features are blocked.

My suggestion would be updating the GPU drivers as the reason they are blocked may be that they are outdated and offer a security or crash risk.

yes but internet explorer is blocked too