[ENDED] Game Dev Tycoon Upgrade Mod / Version 0.5.0 / Continued on Game Dev Tycoon Upgrade Mod 2 Topic

I have a little knowledge about marketing, and I know that picking the same terms, as Ultra (We already have your mod an UltraContent) on Expansion Pack (We have a lot of expansion packs) is bad. So, picking original terms call people attention to your mod, and if they enter the mod page, the chance of the people download the mod and recommending it is higher, so we have to think on that

PS: We already have GDT extended and GDT extended is not something that calls a lot of people attention we have to be more original

1 Like

Hm. good point i forgot about GDT extended

Continuing: My mod’s name is Game Dev Tycoon Upgrade because when people see the name of the game they unconsciously think of what they are doing, and, if they’re on the forum they’re probably searching for mods, and when they see UPGRADE they immediately think that’s something that is going to improve his game, so he enter the mod page and download the mod.

I think that’s why my mod got 1k views with 6 days

1 Like

My first post about the marketing thing was with a really bad English, know is probably better to understand (I’ve made little changes)

I understood what you were saying anyway

1 Like

Yeah lets go with the time zone pack

1 Like

Just a quick question
how many hours per week will you be able to put into the mod???
(If you wanna co-develop)

Like i said early i’m not sure if i can

I meant if you can

Just to give a quick update to you guys, I will launch 0.2.0 in probably 2 weeks and then I will give a break with the development to dedicate myself to a new project I’m starting, the TimeZonePack (the name will probably change) with some other guys, take a look there and leave your sugestion :smile:

1 Like

Just to report you guys that I already started the next update and it is already 10% done

I hope you fix my problem cause this mod made me want to play GDT again now I’m sad cause it doesn’t work.
also the arcade Is insane it gets like 69% market share and it breakes the game it needs rebalceing badly

1 Like

Did you tried re-downloading the mod, because this is not a problem with the mod, this is caused by a bug on UME (the program I use to make the mod), I think, because on UME, ALL the researches have a criteria and… the Arcade is with 69% market share? I played the game today and it was with 33,5% market share, are you with the 0.1.0 version?

I decided to follow what @KizzaGaming will do and the next update will be 0.5.0 too! It will not be a MAJOR update, I will focus more on the non main things, like notifications, events and images for everything. After this update I will probably launch more one or two bugfixes or minor updates when the new UME update came out, but after this updates; I will take a break on the development to focus on TimeZonePack

1 Like

Stay tune in this page because an update will be released as soon @iSenzo finish the image for one of the R&D researches :smile:

1 Like

Ok, I was testing the new version of the mod, and…

It’s not working! I will see what I can do, and I talk to you guys later :frowning:

1 Like

What’s up with it???

When I open the game with the mod it give me this error message:

Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property ‘experience’ of null

The exception occurred in file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Game%20Dev%20Tycoon/compressed/codeNw.js:1661

Log:
{
Error : { … },
GameVersion : 7,
GameId : 0.04544116533361375,
GameInfo : { … },
CompanyInfo : { … },
Environment : { … },
NPM : { … }
}

And, yes the problem is with my mod because I tested it with just UltimateLib and BetterErrorHandling

Actually the problem is when I load/start a new save game and not when I open the game

The mod is red for me