Easy programming Language to learn as a beginner

What do you reccomond on your first programming language to learn?

hmm
HTML, php, Java Script, Python, C#, Visual Basic
Those are the most used, pretty easy to learn languages.
There is also BASIC, but I dunno if something uses this today.

But maybe you have Commodore…

1 Like

I don’t have Commodore

Thanks.

Python :slight_smile:

1 Like

Never met anyone who learned Python first, but having tried it for the first time the other day it seems like a really weird language to learn first. Every other language is going to look so confusing by comparison if Python is your first. If your reason for suggesting python is simplicity and the availability of interpreters, I’d say JS is a better first language. But overall, I think if you’re serious, that java is the best language for beginners. If you can make a useful program in Java you have the skills to quickly learn any other high level language.

Python is an incredible simplistic language. No brackets can make your brain - coming from C syntax - explode but as its the first language there’s no problem with that. I would absolutely recommend Python first, its one of the simplest languages there is. Java is just annoying.

Well, Python is different, but that difference means it’s easier.
It looks more like a normal text with sentences we use everyday.
Java doesn’t.

And there is also LUA.
It’s also easy, but I can’t tell where you could use it.
EDIT: Oh wait, Roblox.

I guess if you interpret the question as “If I’m going to learn exactly one programming language and want it to be as easy as possible what do i pick?” Python is a really good answer. I always just assume people want to learn programming, not just a programming language.

@Haxor Or Payday 2 :smiley:

Or Garry’s Mod…

Because Python isn’t used for anything else than basic programs, right? :wink:

Deluge
Dropbox
The original BitTorrent Client
Blender

In my mind, knowing one language makes you a guy who knows one language. Knowing 2 makes you a capable programmer. Knowing 10 makes you a polyglot and a showoff :stuck_out_tongue:

Knowing Python makes you able to create tons of programs, even games. Why would you need to learn several languages just to show off when you can be perfect in one?

1 Like

I think you misread.

No, you said that you weren’t a capable programmer if you only knew Python.

Yes, and I stand by that. And if you replace Python with any other language, I still stand by it. If you only know one language, I’m going to assume you’re a novice programmer and that you aren’t as capable as others who have been learning programming and software design long enough to have needed to use other languages as well. Much like how if you are good at Game Dev Tycoon, but that is the only game you play, I won’t say you’re good at videogames. I’d need to see that you’ve played and are good at others before i say that.

So, if you’re an experienced .NET developer using C# who has released several big pieces of software selling millions of copies, you would look at that as an incapable programmer?

He could just copy stuff from Internet :smiley:

Just like everyone

even Gaben

oh no

yes