Can't use mods in-game, only shows the official mod API :(?

Hello everyone, long time lurker, first time poster.

I downloaded the Ultimate Lib release zip and extracted it to the mods folder for the game files. Then I installed the following files.

Camelot expansion pack
Competitor mod
GDT Expansion
Percentager
Save Backup

All of them were extracted to the mods folders as well. I’m running the latest version of the game as well, however when I launch the game and press mods I can only access the usual mod API ‘‘tile’’ that is always there. If someone can help me out, that would be great.

Here is a very long .GIF showing it.

And yes, I did restart the game.

Cheers.

I do not believe you have the Steam version of Game Dev Tycoon, which might be required for all, or at least most, mods.

1 Like

Thanks for your help, but how would the installation of a specific version of the game affect the usability of mods? Just curious.

It should not affect at all.

are you sure that Is the main game folder ?
If so try placing the mods in mods_ws

In another case can you open one of the mod`s folder

Are you using a pirated version? The latest non-Steam version of Game Dev Tycoon for Windows is 1.5.24, and you appear to have 1.5.27.

Steam is in no way shape or form required for mods (unless it’s only on steam workshop)

Have you checked the contents of the files?

Have you restarted GDT to load those mods?
If so then make sure the mods aren’t in master folders. Meaning that you dont have a folder named “ModName” and inside that folder theres only one other folder with the exact name. Just make sure your folders lead directly to the mod’s content files, or .js files.

If none of that is the case make sure you have the mods in the right folder. If none of that works delete the game and reinstall it.

Sorry for late reply, I do have the windows version of the game.

I don’t have a master folder either, and have checked the contents of my files, everything is perfectly fine except for those mods :rage:

Then how did you manage to get a version that, according to the Greenheart Games website, isn’t available to the Windows version?

1 Like

as @chizbejoe said.

(this is from the official download page that’s linked with your order, so I’m more than certain you didn’t but it for ghg’s website, and if you did, i don’t know why you just haven’t used your steam key, because it certainly appears you have steam… i won’t make assumptions but it definitely makes it seem like you have pirated the game…)

From where did you buy the game @Vik ?

Also, most recent version is 1.5.28, so from wherever you got it, you may want to update