Can you lower the cpu use of game dev tycoon

how?

no my cpu is just laging super much and my cpu is very old but im not rich

Then it’s probably your CPU, I don’t think lowering the cpu use of game dev tycoon is possible.

you realise a computer is made for complex math formulas

2 Likes

“The speed at which the CPU can carry out instructions is called the clock speed. This is controlled by a clock. With every tick of the clock, the CPU fetches and executes one instruction. The clock speed is measured in cycles per second, and one cycle per second is known as 1 hertz. This means that a CPU with a clock speed of 2 gigahertz (GHz) can carry out two thousand million (or two billion) cycles per second.”

Somehow, i don’t think “complex mathematical formulas” are going to get in the way… i mean, apparently according to Microsoft propaganda, their cloud services help sequence thousands of cancers a day… pfft, who knew!

I don’t remember where exactly it is, just prees ESC and go into settings.

Can you just lower the priority of something with task manager? Wouldn’t that lower CPU usage?

The priority system in Task Manager doesn’t show any difference when you have a processor that can’t handle a 2D game with moving particles and a basic UI (Like me, I get 19 FPS in GDT because of all the bubbles and worker animations, an option to turn off the bubbles and worker animations would’ve been nice), you would need more cores and clock speed to notice a difference.

When it is using say 90% of your CPU, that means it’s taking 90% of your CPU to power the said program. There is no way to lower it, without hindering your performance any more. Only fix is to upgrade your CPU, but to do that you’ll need a new motherboard (as I believe you have a e6300), because there is no upgrade path on LGA 775.

he’s backkk

He always comes back, he’s a light switch :wink:

1 Like

I reckon he just lurks. i just lurk about and only reply/make topics when i want to rant or i feel it’s relevant

1 Like

Are you guys talking about me? lol

Your back…

######again.

Want me to leave… lol

No…

Did you go by a different name before? I feel like I know you, but can’t exactly remember.

I was known before as kingofblox360

This is the topic we first met.

ok thanks man

ahhhh