Buying and using game

Do I really need steam to play game dev tycoon?

Actually there is a Standalone Version. You can Get the Standalone Version on http://sites.fastspring.com/greenheartgames/product/gamedevtycoon @dally23

@anon20832479 I already bought the game for steam before I asked. The reason I asked though is because every time I open the game it gets stuck at “Please wait: Synchronizing steam workshop subscriptions.” do you know how r can fix it or what is going on?

Im not expert at any Error Fixing. try Contacting @PatrickKlug i believe he knows the problem.

My Solution: Uninstall Game Dev Tyccon ( Inc deleting the Data From C:/Users/>Your User</AppData /Local/Game Dev Tycoon ) And Then Reinstall GDT. But than again. “Im not expert at any Error Fixing.” for Steam and Standalone.

@anon20832479 what is the best way to contact him?

Via Messaging him or Thread
If Want to Message Recommended for Personal Stuff: Go To Top Right (where there is Magnet Glass) and Type “PatrickKlug” and click that user icon (From the bottom), than Press Message on Between Top-Middle Right and say your problem.

Or start a thread on the forums Recommended if you need Not Only the Admins, But Peoples Attention

@anon20832479 i don’t see the message button on his profile.

sigh
Here is steps for it.
Step one, go the Magnet Glass in Top Right

Step two, Press it and type “PatrickKlug” in which you need to click its Icon

Step three, Press the Message and say your problem. Once that, press message on bottom left corner

See? was that hard to understand? :smile:

@anon20832479 i’m sorry, u seem annoyed and that truly is not my intention. The reason i’m confused is because that message button isn’t there.

Oh i forgot,
needed to be in a higher ranks.
Your Only best option is to use thread.
I have seen you made another thread.
Just use @Lukas_Schuurman and my Method to fix your problem. other than that, you need a Higher Rank to get access to Messaging

@anon20832479 thank you, i’m sorry if I annoyed u, u seemed like i did

Its alright :smiley:
So is your problem fixed yet?

@anon20832479 no, what do I say to Lukas? I’m embarrassed to write him because now he knows that I have a thread about this already?

You already did wrote Lukas. If not everybody.
Besides, i’m not your somewhat your Adviser :sweat_smile:

@anon20832479 What level do I have to be before I can message people directly?

Global Elite
I’m just kidding ;), what do you want to ask?

Go to C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\Game Dev Tycoon , right click, send to…, send to desktop (create a shortcut) and rename the “nw.exe - shortcut” in “Game Dev Tycoon”, now, if you double click on then, you start the game without steam.