Bug: Missing AAA project from R&D

Hi there,

Sometimes there is no ‘AAA’ option in R&D lab. I spent more than 700 hours playing this game (and got almost the all achievement) but I have no clue why I am not allowed to research this. As I am aware of this, this bug appears when I start my R&D too early (say before year 14)

That’s really werid. And you’re not using any mods or anything? Has it ever worked for you in the past?

No,absolutely not. I am using the Seam version. But it occurs very rarely as I said. Perhaps, in the current game. :slight_smile:

How can I restart the level to try it again ?

Umm… Unless you have an earlier save, you can’t really. :confused:

According to the code you need a large game with a score of 10 to be allowed to research AAA games.

Ive already done. :stuck_out_tongue: as I said I’m not newbie in the game :slight_smile:

Weird well then provide a save game with a large game and a score of 10 without being able to research AAA.

There is no such a dependency and I have had a tons of 10/10 and 10-10-10-11 games. (even AAA and MMOs)
700 hours gameplay, you know. Moreover the BUG occurs very rarely (as I already said), to reproduce it open R&D in a very early year.

Okay, just make it clear: I’ve reset the level 3 by letting the company intentionally bankrupted. In the current game I have 4 (!) large game having average score 9.75.

AND!

I’ve already finished the game hundred times and beside one or two exception I was able to develop AAA games.

SO, NO DEPENDENCY MISSING!

But whatsoever I do IN THE CURRENT GAME I can’t achieve AAA games and I think this is not the normal use case.

Hi @Robert_Ikanov !

Sorry about this trouble with Game Dev Tycoon.

Like you so rightfully said, if you’ve met the conditions, there should be no reason for you not to be able to research AAA games.

I’ve already shared this thread with our team so we can investigate this a bit further, but would you mind sending your save file to support@greenheartgames.com?

1 Like

I’ve managed to reproduce this bug again. There is a 9.75 scored game in my current game history but the AAA option didn’t occur in R&D. How can I send a log to you? (or a save file or something)

Thank you for your help.

Hi again!

We’d be happy to give it a closer look. :slight_smile: Could you locate your save file and send it to support@greenheartgames.com?

I think the steps to reproduce is:

– make some money at level 2 by developing medium games, quite enough to move your company to the InfoPark later. (you might develop large games as well if they don’t get 10 points reviews)
– make your first large game (which gets 10 points review) at this level
– don’t wait the review but accept the offer and move your company immediately to InfoPark
– so that, your first 10 points large game would be reviewed at level 3

By now, I also develop a large game with 10 points reviews but AAA game option stills hidden in R&D Lab.