Bought this on website when released, now got Steam email - WHAT CHANGED?

So I bought this game in April 2013, I believe the version was 1.31 or something.
Now I checked out the steam store and watched the 1.40 trailer and everything looks exactly as I remember it. Have there been any major changes in those ~4 months? Because it was kinda meh (esspecially the lack of feedback on how scores work without the use of a wiki). Cheers

Not all the changes are here, to prevent spoilers. But many are shown on the changelog. There’s just more content and things to do! http://www.greenheartgames.com/game-dev-tycoon-changelog/

Alright, so no major changes, just some bugfixes and tweaks here and there. It’s a shame they didn’t change their review score system, I will have to rely on the wiki afterall.

you got your steam email? What outlet did you buy from?

Not really, there’s alot of new content and previously mentioned un-mentioned changes to prevent spoilers.

It’s a big overhaul, from what I hear.

yeah some of the changes have been kept from us and i can’t wait to find out what all the other changes to the game are

Actually there are more then bugfixes.

• Added multi platform games

• Longer Story

• Level 3 is changed as artwork

• Post-release game reports and company expertise

• Few changes about topcs (now first 8 are random, some rebalancing)

I am not a part of the development team of course and this is the major changes as far as i know. So it is really more then bugfixes and it is the biggest patch to the game.

1 Like

Where is the challenge in playing a wiki rather than the game ?

because the game never told me why i got low or high scores. so, in order to understand why I get which scores I rely on the wiki, because the game never teached it. I just hoped they would have changed this (imho biggest) flaw.

You can easily do good games (8,5+ i mean) without looking to wiki. When developing if you think well you can easily find it out. Ignore topic. Think about genre you selected, there is no need of wiki to have great games on GDT. (I never checked out wiki and roughly 78% of my games have 9,75 points)

Sigh,

It would be nice if people actually read the announcements that are clearly pinned on the forum, rather than asking the same questions blindly:

http://forum.greenheartgames.com/t/game-dev-tycoon-is-coming-to-steam-on-august-29th/6518

Did you even read the changelog link ?

• New: ‘Game reports’ mechanic allowing you to gain insights from released games.
  • New: Development hints which were gained through game reports are shown in the UI.

This was probably implemented because of the community feedback.

Okay then well that’s why I ask and the 1.40 trailer doesn’t show any improvement in the rating system, still showed the generic unspecific review-messages just as I remember them.

I don’t mean to be rude, but the first reply answered your question perfectly.
You obiously didn’t bother reading the link.

I think you’ll be surprised how much they actually changed and fixed.
Unlocks tomorrow!! Very exciting :smile:

The only thing i feel they left out is adding percentages to the sliders. I feel it would be a great help to making games.

researching dlc would be nice and i would love it if they update this game still even in the future but maybe there should be something awesome after you complete the years maybe you start having publishing peoples games and stuff and maybe you should be able to make consoles i mean we can make games right why not a console then other companys will release their games on your system and that means money and more consoles mean there should be console related research right i mean i dont want to quit when i finish and start like well predicting consoles as i could say and will the mbox one be here?

but you can already make consoles >_>