Are Cheats allowed?

I went there, but Im unsure what files to edit just for the sake of knowing. Ever since I followed that wikia wiki I’ve been fine without cheating.

@jf3000 Not sure if you need to get upset, since you set the topic as “Are Cheats allowed?”
Guess you should have asked if modding is allowed, and i think you should email the game dev of the tycoon :wink: ask them if you have permission to do so, and then there is a great place where you can upload any mods you make

(Usually whenever i try to find a mod for a game, i look there, and only later i check the forums)

Def not upset, I was just curious. Its been a good response, I often play games without cheating then I go and cheat and see where I can take the game from there. I certainly look forward to future updates of the game.

2 Likes

question, how do we get more money in the cheating way, as when i edit the save game file to give myself more money, nothing changes in the actual game, i still have the same amount of money

anyone? as i CANT get past the garage whatsoever, and what i have tried, when i go to load game, it just resets the save, and so on and so forth

First of all, are you trying to edit the save whilst the game is still running?
Secondly, Are you editing/loading the correct save?
And thirdly, have you tried searching the forums for legitimate ways to succeed?

http://forum.greenheartgames.com/t/great-game-combos-spoilers/48

I wish to find a way to increase my character stats or somehow gain a x12 multiplier on my stats gain and experience gain as well.

@darkedone02 You can change your stats either by training in the second office or by editing your savegame as described above.

Search for the character name and you’ll find something like this:

…“name”:“Bernice Higgins”,“dF”:0.5402966509163379,“tF”:0.297703349083662,“speedF”:0.4291979365050793,“qualityF”:0.4,“experience”:498.5507720291614,“researchF”:0.36587211592122915,“salary”:16000,"bugFixi…

dF: Design Value
tF: Technical Value

The other are self explanatory. One point here is 500 points ingame. Thus 10.0 would give you 5000 skill.

BUT though it will increase your production rate it will not necessarily give you a 10 from the critics.

I hope this will help you.

1st, theres only 1 save file :confused: so yes, im editing the right save, and i changed the amount of money i have in all of them, however, nothing ever changes in game.
2nd, read #2

3rd, im the type of person who prefers to cheat when possible :smiley: lol

Or you could just release it on CH for those that do want it :wink:

I’ve been editing my saves and editing my stats but i found something else that I wonder what function it serves, this “QualityF”: 0.6, what does this do?

It’s your level divided by 5, ex:0.6=level 3

Maybe if you look harder you will read ch and see the post I made.

did jsut experiment with my dsave files and it was a little overkill :3

I’m trying to modify the file__0.localstorage for just more cash but it seems any changes I make to that file using an sqlite browser aren’t reflected in the game. I still have the same amount in the game. Anybody know how to do it on a mac?

Yes I know, I knew about it at the time. Was joking.

Hey all, I made a java based (i.e. multi platform) game save editor here: Save Game Editor

This doesn’t work for the Steam version, right? I think in the Steam version the savegames will be synchronized with the Steam cloud. :frowning:

You will need to disable Steam Cloud to stop your saves re downloading;

1. In your Steam Library, right-click on Game Dev Tycoon and select “Properties.”
  2. Click the “Updates” tab.
  3. Uncheck “Enable Steam Cloud synchronization for Game Dev Tycoon.”
  4. Click “Close.”
1 Like

http://forum.greenheartgames.com/t/money-fans-research-points-stat-hack-for-v1-4-3/7457/