Announcement: Silk Mod Maker

mmhm.

2 Likes

obviously, @Lukas_Schuurman is the backbone of off-topicness

watch out, @Lukas_Schuurman may smack you for being off topic!

hypocrisy, you say? iā€™ve never heard of such a thing!

is it b?
also, lets go on-topic

ok yes it was b very rude

soo yes on topic

Iā€™m looking forward to this mod maker immensely, however I fear that itā€™d lower the barrier to entry and that it would open the floodgates for mediocre topic mods that donā€™t add much else to the game coughs TopicPlus coughs and then the modding scene would become even worse cause thereā€™d just be a load of copycat mods.

if there werenā€™t small topic mods before, there wouldnā€™t be now.

There would in my opinion, as even though the topics are easy to make in js, the unfriendly nature of doing so is enough to deter a lot of people. Having a tool to do it for them is eliminating that one thing, and while thatā€™s good for letting people make new things, itā€™ll also inevitably bring a lot of derivatives devoid of original ideas.

as long as there are no id conflictsā€¦
ā€¦no problems, okay?

ok, just saying this could make or break the modding community for this game

Lets say it would make because UME got shredded and shredded

@CrumpDev i wouldnā€™t say make, but more like rejuvenate

Brain freeze how is it going on the mod maker

Also are you dead

probably not dead

unless

the skeleton army got em

1 Like

Iā€™m sorry, but this is one of the most immature communities Iā€™ve been involved with and I wont continue developing on this. The reason I wont distribute the source code isnā€™t because Iā€™m mean, but the fact that there are severe issues with the code which will make any aspiring programmer learn inefficient code which is never a good thing.

Cheers.

1 Like

Huh, thatā€™s a shame. Was looking forward to this, it seemed interesting.

I agree, itā€™s very easy to go off-topic for us. But i do hope you stick around for the next GHG game :wink:

1 Like

Yes I think this is a immature community and hopefully when game#2 comes it wont be that way

Game #2 will hopefully be a business simulator, business is for mature people.

2 Likes