Announcement: Silk Mod Maker

I’ve made a mod maker for Linux and Windows. It’s designed to be an alternative to the discontinued UME.

It looks boring and disgusting because most of the work has been going into the actual exporting. What’s the need of an interface which does nothing? :smiley:

I can not give you an ETA, but I’m going to be able to do a lot of work the next week.

4 Likes

Wow. Great work, hopefully it will not be discountinue

4 Likes

If you want I can design interface.
PM me if you’re interested.

You know how Qt works?

No, I don’t.
I only made a proposal to design interface.

Amen. You can say that again.

omg
something big is coming up

finally

1 Like

@iSenzo, if you want to help with the interface, you have to know how the GUI toolkit works :stuck_out_tongue:

@A_Random_Guy @chizbejoe, it’s open source, anyone can just continue with the code.

Where’s the code for us to view? Could you upload it to Github?

I haven’t finished the first version yet, but when I do I’ll just upload a .tar file with the source. Github is closed-source, so the irony of using that for an open-source project is real. I might use GitLab though.

I’m very excited for this.

No offense @Brainfreeze, but throughout my life at Greenheart Games’s forum, we have been introduced to many a mod maker and “amazing” mods. So far only UME/UL and a few mods have delivered… You must be able to see why a few of the community members remain cautious?

I don’t see how it affects me and my project that other people have abandoned their projects, no.

Clearly, you’ve completely missed my point. I’m saying that because this community has a history for not being able to finish what they start, some of us are growing weary of supposed mod makers and mods.

This is not a “supposed” mod-maker, you already have a screenshot of it running in Linux and in Wine.

Update:

I wish I could say it’s going smooth, but I can’t :stuck_out_tongue: I’m progressing fine, but yesterday was literally me sitting for several hours trying to fix ONE bug. “We don’t care, where’s the cool shit!?”

I present to you. A topic dialog!

If it was Apple announcing this, everyone would throw their money at the screen just to get this fantastic dialog. Anyway, this is not at all what I’ve put most of my time into. I’ve been trying to get the exporter ready, which is the hardest thing by far.

1 Like

Looks nice.
At least nice enough for a simple modding tool

And don’t worry, we all spend hours trying fix that one bug…

Yeah, like this:

“My code doesn’t work, why?”

Several Hours later

“My code DOES work, but how?”

This go’s on for 2+ hours

2 Likes

me: why the fuck is he having a spasm

is it the hitboxes

fricking hitboxes

it was the hitboxes.