Announcement: First beta version with modding support is live

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooo?

Extracting means taking the files inside the zip and putting them into the correct folder by either pressing “extract” or by highlighting them all and dragging and dropping them.

I just did that to one of the mods, but it still won’t work… :frowning:

I would suggest reading some guides on how to install mods.

@PatrickKlug I am having trouble. I have put my game to beta but there is no mods folder in my GameDevTycoon folder. I don’t know what to do. I’ve tried deleting the whole GameDevTycoon file and installing the whole game again and that didn’t work. I also tried putting in my own mods folder but that also didn’t work. If you could please help that would be great.

I did it! I feel successful…

Great! :tada:
I also made a video guide here Official Modding F.A.Q

@Venomous When I enabled your mod it went red… D:

@GaLmHDisdabest ok, please update to 1.4.2, it works fine and turns blue on my end. Update at https://db.tt/KtD4rpxD

@GaLmHDisdabest Please flag such issues in the right topic. This should belong in @Venomous’ mod topic, not here.

I do not have the option for the steam beta. i bought my game on steam and it wants tme to put a code in to be allowed to have beta access? do i not get one cause i bought it on steam?

(lol, that necrobump)
You don’t need the beta version for it. You should just be able to install mods.

oh lol. i thought i was doing something wrong. now i have to figure out why certain mods aren’t showing up in my in game mod list. i have deleted the -master its just not showing up for some reason. any pro tips?

Are you sure you have the newest version? What is your current mods folder?

cheatmod
gdt-modAPI
I am running V1.4.13

… Don’t you need 1.4.5 or something?
Anyways, I ment the folder you’re putting the mods inside in.

i got it. there was a zip inside a zip i had to unzip the zip so i could unzip the zip but we are all unzipped now. How are you?

The beta has been long obsolete and now we finally disabled it too.