Announcement: First beta version with modding support is live

Wait. It’s not just for steam?

Ah really nice, finally some mods :smiley:

But when are we going to get the fix for those massive performance problems? :confused:

At the moment it’s just for Steam because it’s good to have a beta there. When they are happy with the staibility and the performance of the beta they will make it non-Steam too. :wink:

:’(

The only mods I’m interested in would:

• Replace the fake names with the actual names.
  • Replace the current review algorithm with one that makes logical sense.
  • Adds the ability to actually influence competitors (to the point of pushing them out of the market, etc.)
  • Allows you to start as a large company.
  • Allows you to play as one of the console companies.
  • Improves various other things such as the ability to have multiple systems out at once.

the gdt-modAPI now also supports adding custom research items. This was first added by @DzjengisKhan in his mod and now we have integrated it with the general modding API. There is no wiki page for this yet but hopefully we will have one soon.

The change is rolling out through the beta system on Steam.

@PatrickKlug well. I think I deserve a promotion on the wiki for that ^^ haha

A wiki page for the GDT.addResearch function is now available here: https://github.com/greenheartgames/gdt-modAPI/wiki/GDT.addResearch

1 Like

Actually someone should really make a mod installer so that we could just place our mods without risking our saves.

You will always risk your saves when using mods. A mods installer wouldn’t make that any better. :wink:

At least it will make it EASIER to place the mod. The current way to place a mod is so confusing.

I agree with that statement. It doesn’t make it less risky but it IS easier. :slight_smile:

@DzjengisKhan Got a question though, how can you determine the research cost?
And how does one determine the effect it has on the game it is used in?

This is determined by the v property, I think I’ll add a table on the wiki with all the costs ordered.

That will be nice :smile:

Replace the fake names with the actual names.  //People who made/released that mod could/would be sued.
Replace the current review algorithm with one that makes logical sense. //That would take more time then it's worth. 
Adds the ability to actually influence competitors (to the point of pushing them out of the market, etc.) //Maybe.
Allows you to start as a large company. //That takes the fun out of it.
Allows you to play as one of the console companies. //You can easily just name yourself Ninvento or Vony.
Improves various other things such as the ability to have multiple systems out at once. //Maybe.

Is it possible to add more v values? (1,2,4etc,till 50 or 100)?

Hmmm… I’m not sure, I am able to do this in the original code, but that is illegal. I might take a look and try something to add more options then the default ones. But this may also cause some trouble when multiple people are doing this since it’s an array (it may get confusing from here) and the v’s don’t have id’s or something. So i don’t think it’s possible to add more v values and distribute your/my mod. I’m sorry : (

According to GitHub, a update for the Mod API just came out 26 minutes ago. (https://github.com/greenheartgames/gdt-modAPI)

I am happy to announce that a new beta version is available now and should update automatically. There are some changes which should make our lives easier.

First of all the modConfig file is gone. All package.json files are parsed automatically to determine which mods are available.
In the main menu of the game is a new button ‘Mods’. There you can enable/disable mods (restart required afterwards).
All mods are loaded in the displayed order. Dependency checks are done automatically. (Mods displayed red: dependency missing)