Android First Impressions

Oh yeah, GDT is now on Android, I immediately downloaded it, so far I’ve played it for about 15 minutes, and I’m ready to give my initial impressions.

So, I downloaded the game (took so long cuz of bus wifi ;-;), it took kind of long to load, this could be because it was the first time loading it, then I made my first company, I immediately noticed the UI looks so much different then the PC version, I LOVE IT, its absolutely amazing, so I went ahead and made my first game, it wasn’t even that bad :), kept on playing it and its addicting just like the PC version, nobody can get me off my phone for the next few hours.

Although there is 1 small downside.
With PC, they released a demo, that way you can try out the game without buying it, if you wanted more, if u liked it, u bought the full game, with mobile, its impossible to know if I’ll like the game without buying it, it would be amazing to see a lite or demo version come to iOS/Android.

Seeing as downloading took so long, I went ahead and gave the game a 5 star review in the mean while, you guys really deserve it, its a great game.

• JustMaffie
2 Likes

How did you download it. I can’t find it in the play store

:slight_smile:

Thanks for the link. Just purchased it from there. It doesn’t show up in any play store searches for me still. Maybe send out an email with the link announcing the official release.

Announcement is coming soon. It should be in search results on the store page already, although not on the first page (you need to click “see more”).

rangermann, might want to check again. I cant find it anywhere on the play store. It doesn’t show up in search results or on the new games page. The only way I was able to download it was through a link

Just wait for a little bit, as more and more people buy the game, the game will get higher up in search results and at a point number 1

yeah but even searching specifically for “game dev tycoon” in the search bar doesn’t bring it up. I combed through the first 50 or so results for that without seeing it but I did see games like Airline Manager and Plague inc. I don’t believe its a popularity issue as searching for “game dev tycoon” would give me results that exactly match my search first but it doesn’t seem to appear in the search results at all

Just wait

It is

Just beat the game, took me 1 day to beat the game, only went bankrupt once, this save it got very close once, but I made it, high score of 30 million, not that good tbh, I can do way better.

There were some patches but I hadn’t touched the game for a long time, I was waiting for the android release to see the changes.

I love the improvements.
I love the mobile UI.
It’s also not so much of a battery-killer. Still I managed to kill my battery, feat I haven’t managed for a long time.

I think GDT is my first install-and-forget mobile game.

Haha